Wounds that Heal

"She can't.." i murmur stepping forward slowly. Everyone was already kneeling beside her. Nico stood up behind Hazel running a hand through his dark hair. "But she's... She's immortal. That's what you told me Percy." I say moving around the group to see what exactly is wrong with Thalia. I almost scream. Her right arm is ripped nearly clean off her shoulder. Blood pours from the wound and flows across the dark ground.

"Unless she dies in battle, or falls in love." Percy mumbles touching Thalia's arm. Jason is gripping his sisters hand and his blue eyes are wide with fear something I've never seen on him before.

"Can't we do something?" I question kneeling down opposite Percy by Thalia's mutilated arm.

"Her life force is already dissipating. I can see it." Nico says gesturing down at her.

"You can see it?" I repeat.

"Son of Hades. There's a lot that comes with it." I can see Hazel is crying behind her sunglasses. She sniffles softly and I wonder if she can see it as well.

"It's.. My fault." Thalia gasps.

"What? How?" Jason demands a bit angrily. She gives him a smile.

"I cut the arm off of a.." She doesn't finish the sentence and takes in a sharp breath before coughing up blood.

"It doesn't matter." Percy says softly.

"Well this is a crummy way to die." She mutters staring up at the darkened sky. Everyone is silent.

"She has minutes." Nico says abruptly.

"We have to do something." I stare up at Nico and he gives me a funny look.

"Why are you looking at me?" He asks.

"Haven't you ever tried to bring something back to life." He scoffs.

"I work with the dead not the living." He replies rolling his eyes.

"That's my point. Have you ever tried." I spit out. He shakes his head.

"It wouldn't work." Nico says under his breathe. "Even if it did. I would just be extending her life not fixing her arm." I stare back down at Thalia.

"As much as I love this.." She pauses gasping for air. "I would love to die in peace." My shoulders slump and I stare down at my sword still in my hand, feeling helpless. Gingerly I place my hand and the hilt of my sword on Thalia's leg. She lets out a cry of pain and something weird happens the slash mark on her stomach stopped bleeding and began to close up. Jumping up scared she falls back down and blinks rapidly glancing at her brother. "What the hell.." She murmurs.

"What did you just do?" Nico demands of me.

"What? Nothing! I touched her leg!" I cry out confused and scared.

"She healed what else did you do?" Everyone is staring at me.

"I don't know! My sword was between her leg and my hand." Nico stares at me.

"Do it again." I lay the blade flat against Thalia's leg and she cries out in pain again. I almost pull away.

"No! Look!" Jason points out. Her arm which had been literally hanging on by threads of her flesh seemed to be trying to mold itself back onto her body. Thalia twisted and squirmed and shouted all kinds of profanities as Jason held down her other arm and Percy held down her legs. Before our eyes her arm was reattached and Thalia passed out from exhaustion. All eyes were on me again.

"Wow this blade can do anything. Kill monsters, attach arms, glow in the dark." I say trying to joke around as I shift it from one hand to the next. They're still staring at me. I clear my throat.