One Great Fall

How long had it been? Hours? Days? It felt like it was longer. Percy was holding her hand and she fought the urge to curl up against him. Would that be weird? They've been brother and sister not even for a week and they didn't know much about each other. Would hugging be weird? They were falling, possibly to their death. I don't think we would be able to survive this. How far along was everyone else? How would they take the fall? What was bellow them? I couldn't stand it anymore. I hugged my brother wrapping my arms around his waist and burying my head in his chest. If we die it's because of me. If we die. It's all my fault. "I'm sorry!" i shout at him wondering if he can hear me.

"About what?" i hear his faint reply. I don't know if i can answer. I don't think i know the answer. The air around us grew hotter and i wondered if we were falling to the center of the Earth. "We have a problem! We have to descend faster!" Percy yells at me suddenly.

"Like the skydivers!" i shout at him wondering if he understands. I think i feel him nod. I break apart from him but hold onto his hand and manage to turn myself upside down, face towards the ground like you see all those people do when someone jumps out of the plane without a parachute on and you're trying to catch up and save them. I feel Percy do the same and soon we're shooting like rockets through the chasm. A reddish glow appears in my line of sight. "Percy!" i shout glancing at him able to see his face.

"There!" he shouts pointing down. Our friends. They're pitching forward and are farther down than i thought they would be. Jason seems to be doing fine on his own keeping him and Thalia up with whatever wind current he's using. I didn't even know there could be air down here. As long as there is air there is wind though right? But Percy isn't pointing at them. He's pointing at Hazel and Nico.
Nico looks passed out and Hazel is desperately trying to wake him up as they continue to fall. "That's water down there!" Percy shouts gesturing toward a rushing roaring line that appears to be a river. A river? In Tartarus? I'm confused what does Percy mean? "Grab Nico! Will the water to come to you!" Percy lets go of my hand and dives toward Hazel who in about thirty seconds might impact with the ground below. I follow his motions and rush towards Nico grabbing onto his back. Percy is holding out one hand toward the water which is piling up toward him in a little whirlpool. It sucks them in.

I haven't practiced enough. I can't do this. I try anyways. I reach out towards the water as we continue to fall. Any second now. We'll be dead. I have to do this. The water seems to struggle against me, like it doesn't want to rise. Every yard i gain i loose a foot. "I'm not strong enough." i murmur, wide eyed. Nico jolts awakened and wraps his arms around me squeezing his eyes shut. I'm tossed into another void before rolling over and over on the ground before breaking apart from Nico and collapsing next to him gasping for air. Nico is struggling to breathe as well and Percy and Hazel haven't emerged from the river.

"Guys!" Jason shouts stumbling our way after setting his sister down. She's passed out. "Are you ok? What happened Violet?" i try not to blush but i might be anyways. Or it's the searing heat from Tartarus.

"I.. I don't know.. I couldn't.. I couldn't control the water." i gasp out trying to sit up. Pain shoots up palms and i look down to find them cut and bloody. Nico has gone still.

"Nico?" Jason asks cautiously like he might be asleep.

"Nico!" i shout at him. His eyelids flutter so at least i know he's alive. "My brother." i say wiping my palms on my pants. Jason takes my hands though and tries to get a proper look at them. "No, stop. My brother." i tell him trying to get up. There's a huge splash as water erupts around the bank of the river. Percy emerges, a dripping wet Hazel in his arms. "Percy." i breathe out running forward with Jason who takes Hazel from him. He's breathing heavily and spits out some of the water like it tastes horrible.