1

"Give me your best god damn doctor!"
Heather Flores

"Paige how's Steven looking on floor three" I ask her getting in the lift beside her. "He's not going to last, we have to tell the family. His kids have been sat there all night." Paige tells me.

"I've got it" I breathe out existing the lift seeing the broken family. This was always the worst part. "Mrs Stevenson?" The woman gets up rushing toward me. "We've tried everything, we think it's best if you say goodbye"

Mrs Stevenson lets out a scream falling in to my arms. "It's okay, he lived a long life and had beautiful children and you" I run a hand on her back trying to calm her down. Her son I presume stands up easing her out of my arms.

"Thank you Doctor Flores" he nods at me, I send him a small smile then walk away.

I see Paige running towards me with that look, something wrong has happened.

"Heather, go down now" she drags me to the lift shoving me in. "What is it Paige? I swear if your about to tell me about the vampire diaries I will fire you myself" I tell her but she doesn't seem to be joking.

"Come on" she pulls my hand and we stop at the reception.

"I said give me your best damn doctor!" The brunette shouts slamming his hand down on the marble.

"Sir please calm down, there are other patients here" Ness, the receptionist says. I walk up to her giving her a small smile.

"How can I help sir?" I smile at him, trying my best to stay awake.

"I need the head doctor" he exclaims. "I am the head doctor, Heather Flores. Now how can I help?" I ask him looking in to his dark eyes.

He's so handsome. Ugh I need to stop and focus.

"My daughter, I- I don't know what's wrong. Please do something" his voice softens, he grabs my hand clutching on to it as he pleads. "Where is she?" I ask him.

"She's sat over there" he points. The little girl looks up running up to the man hugging his leg. "Paige bring them to room 34, I'll be there in a minute" I call them look back at the man.

"What's her name?" I ask. "Luna" he says. I crouch down to her height looking in to her big brown eyes that were slightly red, I'm guessing from crying, "Hey Luna, I'm Heather"

"Like feather" she giggles tiredly. "Yep, I need you to go with my friend okay and try not to cry, you got it" I wink at her then get up.

I watch as he lifts her up following Paige. "Ness can you bring me the consent form for a child and have it ordered to room 34 and bring me some coffee please" I sigh. Ness nods giving me a sympathetic look. "Oh Heather, you work too hard"

"I have too" I sigh.

I walk in to the room seeing Luna sat up on the bed and her father sat beside her, his leg shaking up and down. "Hi Luna, I'm just going to do a few tests okay."

I look towards him sending him a small smile "and sir you'll have to fill out a form is that okay" I say putting my gloves on.

"It's Shawn Mendes and yeah that's fine" he smiles running a hand through his hair.

"Okay so can you run me through what it is or what happened?" I ask grabbing a light.

"She won't stop coughing, it's hurting her and she won't stop crying" I nod listening to his pain filled voice.

"Luna can you stick your tongue out for me" she sticks her tongue out giggling. "I'm just going to look inside okay, tell me if you want to stop" I grab my light shining it down her mouth.

"It is a bit a red and little swollen which is probably why it hurts so much" I say putting the torch down. "You can close your mouth now sweetie" I laugh as she still has her tongue out.

"Now I'm going to give you a massage yeah? I just need you to lie down for me" she nods lying down. "Lift your head up Luna"

I put two fingers near her throat and gently rub trying to feel for anything. "Okay all done, you're amazing" I tell her taking off my gloves.

"How is she?" Shawn asks sitting forward putting his large hand over Luna's small one. "She's fine, she does have a sore throat and it seems a bit harsh for her age which explains the crying but she's fine. I'll have some medicine given to her and she can go home" his shoulders drop in relief.

"I was worried for nothing eh?" He lets out a chuckle. "You had a parents concern that's all" I tell him standing up.

"Is there anything else you can do, I just don't want to see her in pain?" Shawn asks. My heart flutters looking in to his green toned eyes. "Erm I can see if she can stay the night, for observation" I shrug.

"Thank you Doctor Flores" he sends me a smile which makes me weak. Stop it focus.

"It's Heather and no problem" I nod then walk out leaving him.

Paige runs up to me with a smirk on her face, I know her too well. "so Shawn Mendes huh?" She nudges me as we walk back to reception.

"Yes Shawn Mendes, I'm keeping his daughter in for observation" I say taking my coffee of off Ness.

"Is that all? He's cute" Paige grabs a pen scribbling down something.

"Ness, can you book in room 34 and sign me in for the rest of the night" she nods at me smiling.

"And yes he's cute but I'm just doing my job" I shrug grabbing my coffee for what seemed like hundredth time. "Maybe you should focus on something other than your job"