Radio Silence | Dick Grayson x Reader

Description: Barbara has heard the radio silence before.

Requests: ok i know this is kinda a lot to ask but dick grayson is always written as this lovey never gets angry character but he does get angry and does have a stop temper in the comics and i wonder if you could display that somehow in writing per say the reader is also a vigilante and they work together and she defies the plan he has and he gets angered by this and can not let it go even when they carry through doing this in their civilian lives

I love your writing so much! I would like to request Dick x Dancer!reader, either fluffy slow dancing or the dorks having a dance battle, up to you!

would you do a dick grayson x reader where he thought his s/o died but surprise they're not dead? if you have time/inspiration of course

So I've seen a ton of Dick Grayson x reader fics where the reader & Zatanna hate each other because they used to date. So I was wondering if I could request a YJ Dick x reader where they've been dating about a year but is finally introducing her to the team & he's nervous because of Zatanna. BUT instead of the reader & Zatanna hating each other, could they hit it off & become instant besties, past with Dick put aside?? Sorry if this is weird!! haha Thank you if you do write this one!! :)

Words: 2315

Notes: Hey yall,,, sorry for the hiatus!! School is RUFF and it's my freshman year so I want to do goods, so pls accept this rick offering!! Love you!!

_

Barbara has heard the radio silence before.

She hates how it's almost familiar, familiar enough where her heart shorts out the same time as your com does. The bomb goes off. The world swells with heat and smoke, enveloping the little device and its person, shorting out with the rapid expansion of fire and debris. Paint curls in. Circuitry snaps, sparks and dies. An echo like a firework in a field bowls the microphone to paste. But that isn't the worst part.

Dick's voice is small. "No..."

Tethered down by heartbreak and anchored by the thoughts she knows he's having—my fault, my fault, my fault—he goes silent, the world goes silent, the sky's breath of mourning against the steadily-building ripples of flame. Even without a visual, Barbara knows the team's faces.

Zatanna goes pale, skin yellowed and aged by her grief in the embers reflections.

_

"Okay, so she's my ex," Dick shrugs.

His gauntlets skim down your wrists, thumbs grazing your knuckles through your uniform with shy care. "But you can still get along, right? I know you hate the cliche stuff, but Zatanna's nice, and you know you're always my first choice—don't look at me like that. Besides, it's just one mission. B probably wouldn't have paired her with us if it wasn't necessary."

You guess the shyness is because he's in uniform. But then that means that it's not shyness, because Nightwing isn't shy. He's charming. He's certainly serious. He's flexible in the way that all unconventional rule-breakers are, with little secret thoughts, and little secret touches when (and where) they're not allowed.

It's bashful and sweet, but your smiles never fail to look mischievous, somehow. "I'll be fine," when the zeta doesn't light up, you pull him forward by the wrist and press a noisy kiss to his cheek, "Though, I dunno, wonder boy. You weren't exactly very nice to my ex."

Dick's eyes go wide behind his mask, mind reeling back the embarrassment of getting Sprite spilled down his front like a very heavy fish. He smiles, and it's apologetic. "Well, that's because you're cooler than I am."