Functionably Invisible | Conner Kent x Reader

Description: Y/N Kent was always the quiet eyes that you never really noticed. She was born a couple years before Conner had been found, always hiding behind Lois's legs or under Clark's cape, peeking at him curiously from her hiding place... Or maybe peaking wasn't the right word. It was more like observing, as she always seemed to be analyzing the world instead of just plain looking. It made her a smart kid.

Request: Hiya! since there is short supplies of SuperFam could I (if your not busy) request young justice superboy/conner interaction and relationship with his sister supergirl and the daughter of Clark and Lois. since he's a clone and Clark is struggling to accept Conner it'd be difficult for sis supergirl because she's cheerful, awkward, clumsy and just wants a happy family. it can be headcannon or not it's up to you. hope you have a nice day! love your work so much!-from L anon

Words: 2134

Notes: ANyway bc we need more superboy in our lives

_

Conner has never been good with words when it comes to him. There's always so much to say, so much to ask, and some part of his brain scrambles into programmed whispers whenever Clark flies onto the scene. You're better than him, they say, you're meant to defeat him, they promise, he's a threat. But that's Cadmus talking, and he's learned how to drown it all out by now. Maybe he's crazy. Maybe he's not to be trusted. But whatever it is, it is behind him.

Lois he'd met. At first, she was abuzz with personal questions, already prying away at his layers like Clark had said she would. She's a reporter, he dismissed, it's in her blood. He's unsure if he likes Lois, with her gift of getting the truth out of you without your permission a stark contrast to his need for secrecy. But she still invites him over, still reserves the spare bedroom in their farmhouse for him. That, he will be forever grateful for.

Conner knows he likes the farm. He loves it there. It had once made him feel grounded, rooted into the dirt and unable to fly, watching as the family he was supposed to be apart of fly up into the sun. Clark's definition of "grounded" has always been different from Conner's. He never knew he was supposed to fly, that he could until his feet were off the ground. With all the powers wound in their blood and knitted into his DNA it sometimes felt impossible to be human at all; but that's what the farm was for. The earth beneath your shoes and the way it makes you remember where you're from. A breeze, always there, always watching and listening, guiding you back to easier memories. Beautiful sunsets, making even the biggest of hearts feel small. The farm brought out the human part of all of them; of Clark, of Kara, of Jon, of Conner. And especially of Y/N who, like Conner, was an outsider in her own way.

Y/N Kent was always the quiet eyes that you never really noticed. She was born a couple years before Conner had been found, always hiding behind Lois's legs or under Clark's cape, peeking at him curiously from her hiding place... Or maybe peaking wasn't the right word. It was more like observing, as she always seemed to be analyzing the world instead of just plain looking. It made her a smart kid. If Conner thought back, she'd been there for a lot of the big things that he had been there for. The major Justice League battles, Earthen invasions, Batman's consistency plans. She was always there, quiet and to herself, before she would speak up and say something far too wise for her age. She had those ghostly E/C eyes that were startlingly Lois, calculating and making sure that you knew that she knew everything. Conner swore sometimes that she could read minds. Maybe she could—she didn't talk enough to let him know.

That could be a lie, however. She talked a lot on the farm. The few family dinners Conner had been present for were always full of boisterous laughter. He remembered fondly Jon babbling somewhere in the background, Lois cooing at the baby boy, both pausing to listen as Clark tackled Y/N and wrestled her to the ground. Her laughter broke into fractured shrieks and squeals of delight, exclaiming,"Dad—stop tickling me! Don't—" She'd squeal between words once Clark found her weakness,"—don't make me use my heat vision!"