Subtext | Jason Todd x Reader

Description: In the beginning, there had been Robin and Batgirl. Jason Todd and Y/N L/N. Only the subtext of their actions can tell their ending.

Words: 4900

Notes: ... deep breaths... deep breaths everyone; GUESS WHAT I EFFING FOUND ON THE GOOGLE DOCS VERSION HISTORY!?!?!?? I FOUND IT. I FOUND THE STORY. OUR STORY. MY SWEET BABY JASON IS BACK AND BETTER THAN EVER, BITCHES. COME SCREAM WITH ME. IT'S THE ENTIRE THING I AM SCREAMING AND FLAILING IN MY DESK CHAIIIRRRR

_

You end the call with a sigh, a trio of bats shrieking somewhere far off in the Batcave. Bruce looks at you expectantly waiting for information, and you give it as you don your jacket,"Jay needs me to come pick him up. It's no big deal. I'll see you guys tomorrow, okay?" Taking the keys from your pocket, you deliver a kiss to Tim's cheek and another to Bruce's, bidding Alfred goodbye with a half-hug. They deliver varying responses with varying degrees of care. Tim notices their not your keys, but Jason's.

Putting the key into the ignition, you start his bike and take off down the street. Streetlights pass in circles along the stretch of Gotham's roads, which get thinner and thinner as you enter downtown Gotham. Worry beats softly in your chest, the intensity of your concentration taken by the wind biting at your exposed skin and the path before you. It takes little to no time to get Jason, and the drive goes by too fast for your liking; the only adequate bike-riding gear you had is in the lockbox on Jason's motorcycle, and it's one of his leather jackets. The old faded leather smells so much like him your belly quivered pleasantly. It's almost like he's with you.

You kick out the kickstand, leveling the bike with your other foot as you look for him amongst the late-nighters of Gotham's cruddier crowd. He's drunk off his ass, and beaming at smiling at you all dopey."Jason," You greet, amused at his expression and sudden clinginess. He embraces you, nearly clearing you from the ground as he does,"Hey, babe! Thanks for coming to pick me up!" He giggles, settling your feet back onto the concrete. Jason doesn't take his arms from your waist just yet, gaze suddenly hooded and lips cocked into a smirk,"You look really hot riding my bike."

Smiling and blushing, you shake your head. He's a bold drunk. Either way, Jason's pretty bold sober and he's always been incredibly blunt; he calls you babe even if you're not dating, and comments like the latter aren't exactly uncommon. Deciding he most likely won't remember anything happening between the two of you currently, you let your blush show instead of threatening him—your usual response to his flirtations.

"C'mon, jackass, get on the bike." You instruct, and Jason does so without complaint but... with difficulty. He nuzzled into your neck from behind,"You smell good. Is that... (favorite fruit)?" He guesses casually. You nod, rolling your eyes as you put a helmet on him. He wraps his arms around you for more than one reason. Before you start the bike, you pointedly look at him through your own helmet as you take his hands and move them further up your torso. Jason giggles,"Sorry, babe. Can't keep my hands from wanderin' when I'm with you."

With a final playful look meaning "keep your hands above the waist, Jason", you murmur,"You're lucky you're charming, red." Before taking off. Jason keeps his hands folded comfortably over your rib cage.

By the time you're rising the steps to his apartment, Jason's half passed out. He's lucky you're strong, otherwise the flight up seven floors would have been more of a hike up Mount Everest."Jason, give me your key," You demand, having given him the keys to his bike. Jason giggles tiredly,"Search me, officer." He jokes, raising his arms in the proper manner. You realize he's serious when he doesn't move to grab them.