All Through The Night | Jason Todd x Reader

Description: Your parents don't like Jason Todd very much.

Words: 1042

Notes: I don't remember what this one was called on my last blog, but I thought this title would work because I was listening to Cindi Lauper when I first wrote it.

The front door slams behind you so harshly the windows on the house shudder, and you do to as the nighttime air suddenly engulfs you. Jason tries to smile,"Thanks for tonight, Y/N. The food was really good." The teen shuffles his feet on your driveway, glancing sideways and down your street. Your home's light casts a golden glow over the boy's skin, adding to the greaser air you had always imagined around him. He fists his hands in the pockets of his leather jacket. If you saw him right now, trying to smile even if can't reach his eyes, you would never guess he was Bruce Wayne's newly adopted son. Maybe that's why you liked him so much. Jason wasn't a rich kid, even if he had the money.

"I'm so sorry, Jason." You said, putting your hand on his arm and sighing. Jason shakes his head and steps forward so you're closer,"Look, I get it—parents are rough. I figured they wouldn't like me. I knew they wouldn't like me." Jason waves his hand dismissively.

You roll your eyes at him, squeezing his bicep,"Really, it's not your fault. They're just so controlling and... y'know, they're never around, so they must've thought that if they "gave me advice" on my life that would make up for them being gone all the time."

Jason shakes his head again, gently scattering his locks and shadowing his face when he stares down at you. Through the bare darkness, you can see the reflection of the moonlight against his irises, shimming and swimming in a way where you can read the emotion on his face even if you can barely see it; Jason Todd isn't disappointed, he isn't melancholy. You knew you would be upset if his adoptive father hated you. And yet, the few things that Jason seems to be feeling now are the gratification of being right and the growing adoration he carries for you.

"They'll come around." Jason lies, knowing damn well that your parents don't like him, never will, and never should. You shouldn't either. But screw common sense and the ever-looming mist of danger that coats Jason's skin. He's in love with you, he's sure of that. Your parents aren't going to stop him.

"So will you." You smile,"You'll come around tomorrow night and sneak into my bedroom, right?" You whisper in his ear. Jason nods, clasping both your wrists and then your hands. Bending down, he kisses each of your knuckles and smirked when you blush,"You know I will, beautiful."

The giggle in your throat falters as you voice it, expression dropping with your shoulders in disappointment. You squeeze his hands,"They're not going to let me see you ever again. They're gonna make me break up with you, or take away my phone privileges, or put bars on my windows—"

Jason rolls his eyes,"That's not going to stop me." He points to himself, hand still clasped in yours. He raises an eyebrow,"Boy Wonder, remember?"

You laugh humorlessly,"Yeah, well we can't exactly tell them that, can we?"

You glance back at the house at the call of your name. You retract your hands from his and cross your arms over your chest, shivering from the cold,"Jay, I—"

"I'll wait for you," Jason whispers. Suddenly urgent, he turns your chin so you're eye-to-eye. His are clouded with racing thoughts and racing clouds of blue. Jason grins, cupping your face,"I'll wait for you. We'll run away together, you and me." He promises.

Before the weight of his words can meet you full-force, your eyes light up and you place your hands on his chest,"...Really?"

Jason nods, more sure of himself now,"Yeah. Yes. We'll get an apartment in downtown Gotham, or maybe Metropolis or Coast City—someplace. We'll get a place together, you can start working, I can start working and be Robin. It'll be perfect."

"Ok—Okay." You laugh. With your agreement Jason presses a hard kiss on your cheek, and then your chin, and then your jaw, beneath your eye. You laugh harder this time, trying to push off his affections before he can start to tickle you. Too late you realize, as he fingers start to dance up your sides with the intent to make you laugh until you can't breathe. He succeeds, and you push him off with the last of your breath.

"What did I say about tickling me, Jason Todd?" You question playfully, covering your very ticklish waist with your hands and trying to hide your grin. He smirked, wrapping his arms around your back and laying his brow against yours,"Oh don't act like you're annoyed with me. I can see that smile. C'mon." He urges, nudging you teasingly with his elbow.

The happy tone of the conversation disappears for the second time with another call of your name. You can see your mother's silhouette against the screen door, hand ready to open it and interrupt you and your boyfriend. Swiftly you pull the zipper on his jacket higher, melting into the kiss he gives you.

"Goodnight, Jason." You said. You're sure your mother heard you. Jason slips out of your hold sadly, as best as he can with your hands still latched onto the back of his jacket. He pauses, considering himself, before leaning down and capturing your lips in another soft kiss that seems too final for your liking. His lips ghost against your ear, and he whispers something that makes your grip on him tighten and your eyes start to water.

"Jay—" You whisper. Your breath catches and you watch him smile at you. Jason winks, fingers catching against the seam of your sleeve as he turns around and mounts his bike. You hug yourself instead of him, the taste in your mouth suddenly bitter and your eyes stinging. You wave to him, choking on your own sob,"Me too, Jay." You murmur. He smiles again, but this time it's clear that it's only for your benefit. His motorcycle awakes with a roar, and then his beautiful blue eyes are gone and so is he.

When Jason Todd's hand reaches through your window a few nights later, you don't hesitate to grab it.