Rumors | Part iii | Damian Wayne x Reader x Jon Kent

Description: "You have five minutes." Y/N's father says. It's almost like he doesn't want to do this to us, to her, but there is something he knows that is making him. He glares at Jon and I. I remain tight under Dr. L/N's harshness, but Jon shrinks back and bows his head. The doctor gives his daughter a sympathetic look when she begins to weep. It is sympathetic because he pities her, not relates or empathizes with her as Jon and I do. He touches her shoulder,"You should be grateful that I'm at least giving you that."

Words: 2097

Notes: YES THERE WILL BE A PART FOUR. This is from Damian's POV. Part four will be third person. Hope you enjoy! Get your tissues!!

But I have a bonus question if you're up for it; what's your favorite line from this, and is there a double meaning or something else you can say about it?

_

"You have five minutes." Y/N's father says. It's almost like he doesn't want to do this to us, to her, but there is something he knows that is making him. He glares at Jon and I. I remain tight under Dr. L/N's harshness, but Jon shrinks back and bows his head. The doctor gives his daughter a sympathetic look when she begins to weep. It is sympathetic because he pities her, not relates or empathizes with her as Jon and I do. He touches her shoulder,"You should be grateful that I'm at least giving you that."

Y/N buries her face in her hands and promptly shoves him off. He closes the front door, just barely shy of a slam.

Jon doesn't waste any time. His arms coil around her instantly, almost enveloping her entire body, then presses his nose into her hair and murmurs promises we can't keep. I turn away when I hear him whisper,"We can find a way around this. We always do, right?" Not always.

I find my stomach churning as my fists ball. I want to punch something, I want to kick and scream, throw a tantrum like the young man I once was. Was, meaning I can no longer behave in such a way. I am an Al-Ghul. I am a Wayne. I have a reputation to uphold, and I will do so even if it kills me.

"Jon," She tries to speak, but the words die in her throat and are conquered by a cracking sob. Her breath hitches repeatedly, like a stuttering engine, and I now understand why my mother told me to never love; love is weakness. Weakness is death. Death is being forgotten.

But I would be forgotten a thousand times for them. I would die a thousand times too, by any death one could name, all for them.

Why just can't they understand? Even I, a boy raised to torture and murder, can accept something as simple as love. We are so fortunate to have one another... we are happy, and isn't that all that matters? Why can't I just have one thing? Why can't we just stay together? Why must they break us apart?

I am sure that her father will give us less than five minutes. I'm sure that my hands are shaking as I watch them, and Y/N's sobs cut through me more painfully than any weapon ever has before. Jon is wilting as if she is made of Kryptonite, and yet he still holds her tight, one of his only weaknesses.

I want to say it more than I have wanted to say anything. The need in my chest is so strong it makes me realize that, despite what everyone has told me, I do have a heart. It is burning and bleeding as I watch them mourn their love together. I realize I am mourning too. So I say it.

My fingers card down her face, smoothing back the locks that she taught Jon to braid with, that I have put behind her ear millions of times, that look beautiful when windswept and remind me of stupid memories. When she and Jon got sick flying in the rain so they could see me back from a mission, their hair clinging to their foreheads and hiding their giggling. When she would brush it in the morning after a sleepover, and then I would tell her how she's horrible at simple hygiene and do it for her... just so I could feel the silk-like strands. How she would move it out of the way before we helped Jon on the farm, flashing me one of those dazzling smiles. I realize. I tell them.