Chapter 25: The End

Woah, last chapter. I pretty much had to try and control myself when writing this, so I hope you all enjoy it. Thanks to everyone who has stuck with me this long! I love you all <3

~~~~~ HARRY'S POV ~~~~~

"LOUIS!" I sobbed. Zayn pulled the knife from his lifeless body and studied it. His face bore an evil grin and I could have sworn he was looking right at me. He... He wasn't human. He which was once my friend had turned into... Something else... Something demonic. "Zayn, I swear to god." I mustered up all the courage I had. "I swear to god I will kill you."

I could hear Niall's cries from across the room. He was scared beyond belief. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if these were out final minutes. Zayn was out to kill, his mind filled with nothing but bloodlust.

"So what are you going to do? Kill us? Just get it over with if you are." I spat at him.

"Kill you? No, at least not yet. I'd like to see you both suffer." He turned to Niall. "You especially." Niall gulped loudly and cowered in the corner. Was this it for us? Is this how we would die? I always imagine me dying some way peaceful. Like of old age, lying in a hospital bed with Louis by my side, holding my hand, telling me that everything was going to be okay. I would smile at him and he would return the favor. It would be a nice death, one without regrets. But...

I shook my head from the thoughts of death. There had to be a way out of this. Zayn was wiping off the blood from his blade, distracting him for a bit. That meant I had little to no time to act. Now or never. I jolted up and burst for the door in an attempt to knock it down with my shoulder. I charged at it with every thing I had, and with luck I broke it down and into the hotel hallway.

"Harry!" I heard Niall call from still inside the room. "Run!" I shouted. I scrambled up and headed towards he nearest exit. Zayn wasn't far behind me. Niall ran the opposite direction, a smart move considering Zayn couldn't catch us both at the same time.

I found the elevator after turning the corner. I frantically pressed the down button. "Come on, come on you stupid elevator go go go!" Zayn appeared from the corner. Shit shit shit. The elevator door slid open and I jumped in as fast as I could and slammed the close button. The last thing I saw was Zayn's glaring eyes and then the metal doors shut. I took a long sigh of relief. I was free, for now.

How was Niall doing? I wondered.

~~~~~~ NIALL'S POV ~~~~~

I was far from Zayn now. I saw him go after Harry, not that I was particularly happy about it, but at least I was safe. I hoped Harry was also. I made my way down the seemingly endless flights of stairs. I wondered just how many floors we were up. The last staircase appeared under me and I sighed in relief. I swung the door open and saw Harry stepping out of the elevator. "Har--!" I called, but dead ahead of me was Zayn charging through the hallway.

"RUN!" All of the residents in the hotel lobby got shocked expressions and looked over to see the commotion. "Call 911!" I yelled to them. Only a couple reached for their phones. Harry ran over to me, grabbed my hand and we ran through the revolving doors.

Outside had become chilly, I wished I could have taken a moment to breathe some air after being stuck in that hotel room for god knows how long. I doubted we knew where we were going, but anywhere else was probably the best place. On our way running, Harry clumsily ran into a pair of guys jogging down the street. It was too dark to make our who they were.

"Sorry!" Harry apologized loudly.

"No, that's okay it was my f---" the guy stopped. "HARRY!?" That voice!

Liam!

"Liam!" I called out. I couldn't see his face but I knew he must have been smiling as much as I was. "Niall!" He sounded as if he was crying, almost.

We ran to each other and his strong arms wrapped around me. It felt so good to be back in his arms again.

"I missed you so much." I mumbled into his chest. Tears were staining his shirt as I buried my head into him. "I did too, I love you. I'll always love you. And I'll never ever let you go." I tilted my head up and pressed my lips against his soft, perfect ones.

"Yes, yes! Your reunion is sweet but may I remind you we have a killer following our asses! Let's move!"

"Zayn? Shit." Liam cursed. "Come on let's go. Josh, follow Harry." Josh nodded and started jogging. We started up down the street when we heard a gunshot pierce through the city noise. Zayn was shooting at us. He just didn't give a fuck about anything anymore.

"In here!" Harry called out. It was more or less an abandoned building, but it was unlikely Zayn would get us in it. That's what I had thought. But I was wrong.

Within a minute, Zayn was in the building. We were hiding behind pieces of rubble, hoping he wouldn't see us. I heard his footsteps start to fade after a while, but then a rather loud phone jingle erupted from where Josh was hiding. "Shit!" I heard him whisper. The footsteps started to get closer. "Run!" Josh shouted. "I'll hold him off!" Harry, Liam and I ran for the door, but stopped when we discovered it was locked. Zayn had us trapped in here.

"Upstairs!" Harry ordered. Liam and I followed. We ran and ran up, looking for someway down, when we still didn't find anything, we ended up on the roof. There was a gunshot that came from below. Josh. "Harry, this isn't a good idea." Liam warned. "If he gets up here we're screwed."

"Then help me find a way down, damn it!" Liam scrambled to the edges of the building. I looked as well, hoping to find a ladder or a pulley or anything. Nothing. Harry started to make his way to go back downstairs, but Zayn emerged at the doorway. Harry slowly began to move back, but Zayn kicked him to the ground. "Stay." He growled, pointing his gun directly at his head.

"You've caused me a lot of trouble, Ni." Zayn laughed maniacally. "I don't like that."

He walked towards me, twirling his gun in his hand. "Stay away from me." My voice was shaky. If there were any wolves around, I was sure they'd be able to smell the fear emanating from me. Liam stepped in front of me and spread his arms open, protecting me.

"Liam please, I don't want you getting hurt." I begged.

"The same to you."

"He's going to kill you! He's mad!"

"We're both going to be okay, Niall. You'll see." Zayn kept walking closer and closer, and we kept backing up more and more. We were drawing close to the edge of the building.

"Now what do we have here? That's quite a steep drop, isn't it, Liam? A drop like that would probably kill someone"

"Why won't you just let us leave? Why are you doing this?" I screamed, stepping out from behind Liam.

"Because!" The gun in Zayn's hand was shaking. "I've repressed all these feelings for months, years even. I've been suicidal for longer than you could imagine. But then I realized, it's the other people who are making me upset. So why should I kill myself, when I can just kill them instead?"

"You're fucking crazy." Liam said. Zayn laughed.

"Yeah. I am." In what felt like a split second, Zayn cocked his gun, pointed it at Liam and shot him square in the chest.

It all seemed so fast, but the way it looked was like in slow motion. I saw every detail of Liam's expression, from pain to sadness, and Harry's screaming, running towards Zayn and tackling him to the ground. I turned to Liam and saw him stumble back. If he was only one step closer...

His foot slipped and he fell backwards from the building. This wasn't' happening. I told myself over and over again.

"LIAM!" I dove to the edge and reached for his hand. Had I been a second sooner I could have saved him.

But I was too late.

I couldn't grab his hand. The last thing was my fingers just brushing against his. I felt my heart shatter as I watched my fiancée, best friend and one true love mouth the words I love you as he fell to his death.