Chapter 1

SO HERE YOU GO YOU GUYS! THE FIRST CHAPTER OF HOW I LOST YOU. I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY!!!

CHAPTER 1

~~~~~ NIALL'S POV ~~~~~

"Niall I need you to rearrange the rose bouquets in the back of the store, some kid messed them up again." Kathy said, observing the flower stands at the florist I work at. I had gotten a job here so I could help pay the rent for the apartment Liam and I bought when we got here. Before we flew here, we looked up some apartments and we settled on one that was pretty cheap, on 25th street. It was a cozy, little place, nothing too fancy. I stopped sweeping the floor and rolled my eyes.

"Again? Jesus, that's like the third time this week. We should just ban him from here or something." I put down my broom and walked to the back of the store and saw the mess of roses that the punk kid had made.

This kid had really made a mess, the roses were sticking out the in all sorts of directions. I let out a huge sigh and started the arduous task of rearranging. As I was organizing the roses and I felt a slight prick on my finger. I cursed under my breathe and sucked on the small cut that one of the flower's thorns had laid on me.

After what seemed like hours, I had finally finished and I had to say, I was pretty proud of myself. The flowers were neatly organized in rows and all of the roses were even and bucnhed together nicely. I smiled to myself at what a good job I did. I took my phone out and checked the time. 7 o'clock PM. Jesus, I had spent 2 hours doing this.

"Now only if that idiot wouldn't mess them up again." I muttered to myself while beginning to take off the apron I was forced to wear each and everyday. My attention transfered over to the front door when I heard the bell of a customer walking in. And who was to walk in? None other than...

Liam Payne. (AKA my boyfriend)

I stopped fumbling with my apron and walked over to him, picking a pretty violet from one of the bouquets.

"Hey, baby." I greeted him, smirking a bit. I handed him the violet and he smiled at me 

"Hey, Ni. How's work?" he asked, sliding the violet in between the hairs of my head so it gently rested there. "Over, thank god." I exhaled. "That idiot kid messed up the bouquets again. It pisses me off." There was a hint of spite in my voice. 

"It's alright, Ni, he's just a kid, they do stupid stuff." 

"Yeah I guess... but look, I've got a little cut from working with all of those roses." I told him, holding my tiny cut up near his lips. "Will you kiss it and make it better?" I practically begged and gave him my "world famous" puppy dog eyes. Liam rolled his eyes at my and leaned a kiss into my tiny cut.

"Does that feel better?" he asked as we started towards the exit of the florist.

"Much!" I smiled at him. The funny thing was, it actually did feel better. Just being around Liam at any given time made me feel better. He was always there to cheer me up whenever I was feeling sad. I loved Liam, He completed me. Cheesy, I know, but it's true.

"You wanna grab a bite to eat? My treat." Liam suggested. Like he even had to ask. My stomach growled in approval of the idea and Liam chuckled.

"I'll take that as a yes, then."

Liam and I traversed through the busy of the streets in New York, my hand never left his. We knew how easy it was to lose each other in such a crazy city and we didn't want to take any chances. We would occasionally stop at a restaurant and look at the menu posted outside. Everything was way too expensive, so we settled on a small diner by Rockefeller center.