Chapter 9

~~~~~ NIALL'S POV ~~~~~

My eyes fluttered open and my whole body shot up on the couch. Wait... Couch? I patted the soft fabric around me, just to make sure it was real and I wasn't hallucinating. Where the hell was I? I scoped the whole room. I was in an apartment, but not Liam and I's. It was someone else's. But whose?

Behind me was a huge slide open window that showed an amazing view of the city. At least I was still in the city. I decided to take a quick look around, seeing if I could find any clues as to where I am. On a desk, there was a photo in a gold plated picture frame.

It was a picture of Josh and his mom, Josh's arm around his mother's shoulder. Why was there a picture of Josh here? Unless...

"Well, well, look who's finally up." I heard a familiar voice call from down the hall. I was in Josh's apartment. He stepped into the living room in nothing but a loose towel wrapped around his waist. My eyes wandered up and down his body, from his strong, muscly legs to his amazing abs and tones che--- Stop gawking Niall! You're faithful to Liam!

I tried to say something, but all that came out was a raspy mess. My voice was so hoarse and dry. I must've been out for a while if my voice like that. Josh's eyes widened and he disappeared into the kitchen and came back with a tall glass of water. "Here." he said, handing it to me.

"Thanks." I smiled a bit to him. "So how did I get here...?" I asked once I finished chugging my water. Josh adjusted his towel and sat down on the couch.

"Well, I was taking a leisurely stroll down Central Park when I heard lots of shouting. Annoyed that someone was yelling like that at such an hour, I ran over to tell that person to stop. It turned out that that person was you, but you weren't doing what I expected you to be doing. I saw the guy pin you down and start to take off your pants and I literally sprinted towards him. He smashed your head against the ground, which I'm guessing knocked you out. I kicked him off you before he could do anything too bad and let's just say I got a bit feisty with my fists. That's when I picked you up and carried you to my apartment. You've been out for almost a fifteen hours. You woke up and here we are now." He finished, a grin on his face.

"Thanks," I nodded. Floods of memories of that night came back to me. The way that man held me down, the feeling I got when he pulled down my sweatpants. I had almost got raped, and I had no one to thank but Josh. "You.. saved me..." I spoke at the realization.

"Ah, it was nothing. What that guy was doing just wasn't right, and you have to be more careful at such late hours, Niall." I blushed, he sounded like my mum. Josh took his leave down the hall again.

More memories flooded back of Liam storming out of the house. Oh my god, Liam. He must be worried sick about me. I patted my pockets. No phone. I started to worry and my eyes darted here and there around the room, looking for somewhere my phone could be. He reappeared with my iPhone in hand. "Looking for this?" He asked, slyly. I nodded quickly and he tossed it to me.

37 missed calls and 58 texts from Liam. Oh Jesus, he must be rocking back and forth in the corner right now. He probably thinks I'm dead. What have I done? I scrolled through my contacts, found Liam and called him. Words could not express how happy I was to hear him on the other line.

"Liam?"

"NIALL! Oh thank god you're okay! I've been calling and texting you non stop! What happened? Where are you? Are you hurt?" Liam's voice was frantic on the other line.

"Liam, relax, I'm fine. I'm just a little shaken up, I'll explain everything to you later. Listen, I'm at Josh's place and no, I'm not hurt." I heard a huge sigh of relief come from Liam and then there was a silence.