Chapter 20

~~~~~ LIAM'S POV ~~~~~

"Liam, Matt wants to see you in his office." Tracy said to me as she walked by.

"You're kidding." I gaped at her. She gave me a sympathetic look and shook her head. "Good luck," she said.

"Yeah I'm gonna need it." I sighed deeply and walked in to Matt's office. Matt was the owner of the Boutique I worked at and more than likely, when someone gets called into his office it's not a good thing. I knocked on the already opened door to signify my presence. "You... wanted to see me?" I asked nervously.

"Yes, Liam come in, come in! And shut the door behind you." I did as he said and sat in the chair across his desk. This was it. My job here was done and he was gonna fire me, just like he did to Brittany last week. This guy fires more people than he blinks in a day.

"Liam," he started, "you've been working here for a good couple of months now and I've taken note of your performance as the days go on. I've been watching how you've been doing and I have come to the decision that..." That was it. I was fired for sure. Goodbye pay, goodbye apartment. Good bye food. Goodby---

"I'm going to promote you."

"What?!" I asked a bit too loud. "You're not serious! You can't be! I've only been here for a few months. Tracy's been here for 2 years. If there's anyone who deserves it, it's her."

"Eeeh, I'm actually considering firing Tracy. She's been more invested in her Tweeter or whatever it is you youngsters call it than her work." Matt whispered.

"Well, thank you so much for this promotion! I won't let you down. What are the... Errrr... Benefits, if you don't mind me asking?"

"Well for starters you're going to be running this place."

"WHAT." I asked too loudly again. Matt shushed me.

"Listen, Liam. I'm moving up to corporate, the big wigs. And I need someone who can take the initiative and run this place. And that person is you."

"I... I don't know what to say." I was blown away. I came in here expecting to get my ass tossed to the street. But a promotion?! To store manager no less?! What I was feeling was beyond words. I couldn't wait to tell Niall!

"Thank you so much, sir. I promise you won't regret this!" I gleefully said as I shook his hand over and over.

"I hope not, Payne."

________________

I rushed up the stairs of the apartment building and found our door. I was so eager to tell Niall. I longed to have him in my arms as he congratulated me on my promotion and kissed me over and over. I took out the key and motioned towards the lock, only to find that the lock had dents and scratches that weren't there when I had left that morning.

The door handle was busted in and the door itself was already opened a bit. I began to worry.

Did someone break into out apartment?

Did someone steal our stuff?

Is Niall okay?

I slowly opened the door, being careful not to make a loud noise just in case the intruder or intruders were still in there. I crept in to find a wrecked apartment. The couch had been flipped over, the chairs and tables were in pieces, and Harry, Louis and Niall were nowhere to be found.

~~~~~ A/N ~~~~~

SORRY FOR SUCH A SHORT CHAPTER GUYS BUT I WANT WHATS HAPPENING TO BE IN 2 SEPARATE CHAPTERS

BUT I HOPE YOU LIKED IT CAUSE THINGS ARE STARTING TO PICK UP

LOVE YOU ALL <3

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW