Chapter 24

~~~~~ HARRY'S POV ~~~~~

I was still dazed and confused when I heard a gulp come from Niall as the door opened. In walked a guy with a scruffy beard, tattoos lining his arms and black hair styled in a quiff.

Zayn.

"Good to see you guys are up and about." Zayn chuckled.

"Fuck you." I growled at him. I wanted to barrage him with all sorts of questions like why we were there or what he was doing, but I knew that he would never answer them. He would probably just give us some bullshit answer and then confuse us even more.

"Woah calm down there, pal. I don't want to hurt you." I scoffed at him. I didn't believe a word that came out of his mouth. I glared at him angrily and his cool eyes met mine and then shifted to Niall, who was looking very fearful in the corner. 

"Niall, Niall, Niall..." he crouched down to the level of the cowering boy. "Just when will you learn?"

"Learn what?" Niall scoffed. "That you're a sadistic psychopath?" Zayn chuckled and stood back up.

"No, that you should be with me and not that dirt bag, Liam." 

"Liam is more of a man than you'll ever be, and I'd never even think about being with you." Zayn's cool eyes flared up and he reached into his bag that he had put on the bed. What he pulled out was a shiny, sharp object. Oh shit. He observed the object in his hand with strange pleasure and turned his attention back to Niall.Niall's eyes grew wide with fear and his whole body froze. Zayn crouched down and held the knife up to Niall's neck. 

"Zayn, please don't." I begged. "Don't do this." 

"Zayn, what you're doing is wrong." Louis yelled. Zayn chortled. 

"You think what I'm doing is wrong? After all of the shit you two have put me through, you think that this is wrong? You locked me up in a crazy house and left me there without a word. You didn't even show the slightest bit of compassion towards me, did you? No. This isn't wrong, this is justice."

"I know what we did may not have been the best," Louis argued. "but it was what was best."

"Best? You thought that locking me up and leaving me forever was best?" Zayn stood up and looked directly at Louis. He twirled the knife in his hand as he walked over and leveled himself with him. I gulped. I prayed that the worst would never happen. You know what I think, Louis? I think that this is best" Niall and I both cried out as Zayn dug the knife deep into Louis' chest.

No.

No.

No. Not Louis.

Not like this.

Please, God.

Take me instead.

"LOUIS." My voice cracked as I screamed. Tears shot down my face as blood seeped from the wound.

And even though my eyes were blurred by tears, I could still see the light that once shined bight fade from the love of my life's eyes.