Chapter 13

~~~~~ NIALL'S POV ~~~~~

My heart dropped to my stomach. Liam didn't just say those words, he couldn't have. I wouldn't believe that he did. Liam and I were supposed to be together forever. We were supposed to have a happily ever after like the stories and fairy tales. Before I could say a word after that, Liam ran out the door, tears flying from his eyes.

"Liam! Wait!" I called out. I pulled the sheets off of me and attempted to get off the bed, only to be stopped by a sharp pain in my stomach. I groaned and slowly fell back down into the bed. I grasped my stomach and tried to soothe it. My head turned to Josh, who was still waiting at the door and had seen the whole thing go down. "Josh..." I groaned.

He stepped over to me and knelt down beside my bed. "Yeah?" He asked me. I placed my head in the crook of his neck and let out the most heart wrenching sobs. I cried and cried until there were virtually no tears left to cry out. "He's gone... He's really gone." I choked out. Josh wrapped his arm around my back and pulled me into a hug. "I know, Niall. But it'll be all for the best, you'll see."

"How do you know that?" I asked him. He he had a look of hope and caring.

"I don't. I just have a feeling."

"I wish that I could go after him..." I grimaced. These damn bruises were the only things keeping me from Liam. I needed to run to him. I needed to find him and talk all of this through. He wasn't thinking straight, he couldn't have been. Maybe he was still drunk from last night.

So much of me wanted to believe that all of that was true. But there was a small part in my mind, a sliver of doubt, that made me believe that he was think straight and that this was an actual break up. Tears trickled at my eyes as memories of the past 6 months flooded my brain. I couldn't let him leave, I couldn't!

I flung the sheets off my bed and bit my lip at the immense pain I got as I lifted myself up. "Niall! What are you doing?!" Josh exclaimed.

"I need to get back my boyfriend!" I gasped as I weakly walked out of the room. I called for Liam, hoping that he was still in the hospital. I only made it about half way down the hallway before I collapsed from the pain. "Liam!" I called out once more, hoping that there was some way he would be able to hear me and come back.

I felt two arms pick me up from behind and lift me back to my room. I was too weak to try to know or even care who it was. I was put back on the bed and I winced again at the pain. Everything was fuzzy and blurry and dizzy and the only thing I wanted to do was sleep.

Sleep forever.

~~~~~ LIAM'S POV ~~~~~

"Hey mate, this is your fifth beer. Don't you think you should be slowing down bit? You don't look too well..." The bartender behind the counter had been warning me about how much I'd been drinking, but I was too swallowed in my sadness to listen to him. His accent was British, like mine, so I knew he wasn't from around here.

"I just had an awful break up..." I choked out. The bartender looked surprised that I had actually spoken words other than "another one".

"Oh, I'm sorry. She must have been a great girl to put you in such a rut like this."

"He." I put simply. The bartender looked at me funny. "It was a he. My boyfriend and I just broke up."

"Oh." Was all he said.

Just talking about Niall started to make me well up. I'd thought that going to a bar (using my fake I.D. I had made a while back and drinking the pain away would help. But he was still there, in the very back of my mind. His beautiful brace filled smile. His gorgeous dyed blonde hair. His soft, warm milky skin. I put my drink down and choked out a sob. I missed him so much. I had made such a huge mistake. But no matter how much I wanted to, I could never go back. Never...

He probably wouldn't even want me back anyway. Not after what I had done to him. All of the pain I had caused him. I'd be lucky if he even wanted to see me.

"I just love him so much..." I sniffled to anyone who was listening. "Then why did you let him go?" The bartender asked.

"I was hurting him. I couldn't let him get hurt by me any longer, so I let him go. He'd be safer that way. Now I've got no one..."

"Hmmm... Listen," the bartender said, "Here's my number and address. My name is Simon, Simon Cowell. If you ever need somebody to talk to, I'll be here for you. You seem like you really need somebody here in your time of need." He scribbled down his digits on a napkin and slid it over to me. He swiped the drink off the table. "And no more drinks for you. You're to go straight home you hear?" I nodded slightly.

I stumbled out of the bar. The sun was still shining bright, seeing how it was only about noon. Jesus, I had never thought I'd be a morning drinker. I started heading towards the direction of my apartment, Niall hopefully wouldn't be home for another day so I could get at least one night to pack my things and move out.

It was really over.

I couldn't believe it was really over.

I took out my phone and scrolled through my contacts and found the one person I could actually talk to at this time. Dani. I tapped "call" and the phone began to ring.

"Hello?" I heard on the other line. "Dani?" I slurred sadly.

"LIAM?! IS THAT YOU?!" She shrieked. "It's been so long!"

"Hey..." I replied. She noticed the sadness in my voice.

"Liam? What's wrong? You sound off... Have you been drinking?!"

"Yeah... Niall and I broke up..." She was silent. A few moments passed before she spoke again.

"Oh my god, Liam. I'm so sorry. Are you okay?"

"No." I sobbed and let out every tear I had stored in my body.

My face, still wet with past tears had new ones rolling down it. "I'm so lonely Dani. I have nowhere to go. No one to go to. I'm alone here in this big city. What am I supposed to do?"

"Liam, baby, I don't know. I wish I could be there for you and tell you that everything is going to be okay, but I can't. I feel so useless. You don't even have anywhere to live?"

"Well, there's the apartment. But Niall's in the hospital, it's a long story, and he's supposed to be released tomorrow. By that time, I'll have all my stuff packed, but I have no idea where to go after that. I don't know anybody else other than the other people in the complex. I don't know what I'm supposed to do?"

"Why can't you go back to Niall? I'm sure he'd want to talk things out..." She wondered.

"I doubt it." I spat. "He probably hates me."

"That's not true, Liam. Don't think that. Hey, listen, I'll catch the next flight to New York, okay? You just sit tight, find some place to settle and I'll meet you there. We'll figure this out, don't worry."

"Thanks, Dani. You're a great friend. I love you." I sniffled.

"I know. I love you too." And the line went dead. I stumbled down on to a stool, still feeling a little woozy from the beers I'd downed and thought of how in the hell I would survive without Niall.

~~~~~ A/N~~~~~

GUYS PLEASE FORGIVE ME THAT I TOOK SO LONG. IM SO SO SO SO SO SORRY THAT I TOOK FOREVER I'VE JUST BEEN SO BUSY WITH THE TENNIS SEASON FINISHING UP AND SCHOOL AND FINALS AND FAMILY AND IM SO SORRY.

I PROMISE I'LL TRY TO UPDATE MORE FREQUENTLY. BUT THERE'S CHAPTER 13.

I HOPE YOU LIKED IT BECAUSE I KNOW I TOOK A REALLY LONG TIME.

COMMENT (PLEEEEEASE FEEDBACK AND STUFF)

VOTE

FOLLOW ME!

BYE I LOVE YOU ALL <3