Chapter 21A

"Toshi-nii went BAM and BAM and BOOM!" Toshiro stood up on his chair as he was making spiking movements.

"Toshiro! Sit down! You're going to hurt yourself!" Yukina scolded her younger brother.

"You never change squirt. Do I need to beat that in ya brain?" Yumiko threatened as she got closer to his face.

"N-no." Toshiro sheepishly looked away.

Emma punched Yumiko in the arm with a scary face, "Yumiko! Stop scaring him! We're the guests!"

"Please ignore those two." Yukina's mom smiled at Miho, "It's nice to see Yukina making some new friends."

Miho nodded, "Thank you for having me."

"Oh my, how polite." Yukina's mom giggled, "You must have a gentle soul or else you wouldn't be here. You're always welcomed."

"Why wouldn't I be here if I didn't have a gentle soul?" Miho blinked curiously.

"Because we usually kill them." Emma smiled with her eyes closed but gave off a dangerous aura.

"I can show you how to spike, Toshiro." Wakatoshi's low voice rumbled through the multiple conversations. "I see that you are also a lefty. Therefore, you will have great power, like me."

Toshiro's eyes instantly lit up as he stood up in his chair. Yukina scolded him again and Yumiko smashed his butt down on the seat. Yukina's dad sighed as he didn't think his dinner tonight would ended up being a crazy one. But seeing his daughter laughing expression warmed his heart. He wished for this to last forever.

"Wakatoshi." Wakatoshi looked up to see an already bathed Yukina. Water still dripping from the ends of her hair as she was towel drying it. "Who's been texting you since dinner? I've noticed your phone vibrating every so often but you didn't look? Wouldn't it be important?"

"I didn't want to disturb our time at the dinner table. It is impolite as I was raised that way."

"Well, I guess your mom was good at table etiquette." Wakatoshi nodded. "But did you get a chance to see who it was?"

"Yes. Ama has been texting me."

Yukina raised her eyebrows, "Oh? What about?"

Wakatoshi shrugged, "Just giving me updates about the dinner with the team I suppose?"

Yukina sat on the bed and pried her way into Wakatoshi's arm from under and peered over the phone. "Is it because you're the team captain?"

"Yes."

"Oh look, you got another text from her." Yukina grumbled as she broke his arms around her and made herself comfy in bed.

She watched as Wakatoshi sent another text and got up to shut off the lights. Yukina could feel the bed go down as he made his way under the comforter and wrapped his arm around her waist. Yukina was about to fall into a deep slumber until she heard his phone vibrate. He let go of his grip to turn and look at the text. Another text was sent out and he wrapped his arm around once more. But then another text came through. His arm wrapped again. Another text.

"If this is going to keep happening, I rather you get out of my room." Yukina muttered.

"Sorry."

Yukina felt the bed spring back up as he took his phone and made his way through the dark out into the hallway. He gently closed the door behind him. Yukina sighed to herself and frowned.

"Please don't let this happen again."

"Wow, you look terrible." Miho spoke when she entered the classroom to see a sleep deprived Yukina.