Chapter 19A

"Whew! I am so tired!" Yukina released a breath of relief as she sat down to eat lunch with her two best friends. They managed to find a table outside next to the food stalls, despite it being really packed.
"How are you tired when you're just walking around!" Yumiko groaned.
"That takes energy! Plus, ringleader girl has been staring at me with a scary face all day... But I'm not sitting around like Emma!"
Emma merely shrugged as she took another bite of her sandwich. "Somehow, we're getting people into the haunted house. It's a lot of work."
Yumiko started poking at her right breast. "That's because you turn on your charm and challenge the guys to the haunted house." Yumiko smirked and laughed, "Who wouldn't want to show some busty gal that they're brave enough for a fake haunted house?"
"You do have a point there." Emma smirked back, "Tendo is actually doing a good job scaring them though. So many boys screaming like little girls." Emma laughed to herself.
"Don't you want to eat at the butler cafe featuring Ushijima?" Yumiko raised an eyebrow to Yukina.
"Why? So I can see Ama do his hair again? No thanks." Yukina grumbled as the other two laughed a bit.
"Oh man, that was funny how even Tendo knew what was going on." Emma smiled, "We've been telling you about her."
"Yeah but, I don't want to bug in if it's unintentionally the way she acts. If Wakatoshi didn't see anything wrong, then I know at least he's not plotting something behind my back."
"You know..." Yumiko shifted her gaze to the ground. "I didn't want to say anything back then to see if Ushijima would say anything but Takahashi did say out loud that she wanted to be the first to see him in his outfit." Everyone turned their attention to her. Yukina had a deep frown on her face. "Though, he did seem distracted when he was serving." Yumiko hummed. "It was as if he was waiting for someone to come in."
"Wonder who?" Yukina took a bite of her sandwich. "I never said I was going to come."
"There you are."

The girls turned around to see who was the guy with the low rumbling voice. They were surprised to see Wakatoshi, with his drained face. Some of the hair gel was wearing off as strands of his dark olive hair were slanted down, framing his face.

"What do you want?" Yukina grumbled as she face her back towards him. She didn't get to see the slight hint of hurt on his stoic expression; though really no one would be able to tell the difference.
"Can we talk?"
"I'm eating right now."
"I can wait."

Wakatoshi was about to pull up a chair from another table when Emma got up.

"No, Ushijima, we're about to leave."
"We are?" Yumiko raised her eyebrows as she stuffed her face.
"Yes. We. Are." Emma sent her a look and Yumiko finally understood what was going to happen. The two left leaving annoyed Yukina all alone with stoic looking Wakatoshi.

Yukina left her hand on the table as she was sipping on her tea when Wakatoshi reaches for it. Instinctively, she pulled away. She regretted doing that but not as much as looking at the hurt in his eyes.

"Can't we talk about why you're upset?"
Yukina raised both of her eyebrows in surprise, "Oh? Tell me, what makes you think I'm upset?"
"Well, for one, you didn't let me hold your hand."
"Not in the mood to."
"When are you not in the mood to?"
"Right now."
Wakatoshi let out a deep sigh as he ran his fingers through his hair. Yukina twitched her eyebrow thinking that he admired the other girl's work but it was nothing of the sort. He started messing around his hair. And when it wouldn't go down completely, he took his own water bottle and pour down on his hair.
"W-what are you doing?!" Yukina reached over as she patted his hair with some napkins. Yukina wiped up some of the water droplets on his forehead and shoulders as they managed for trickle down.
"Your mood changed when you saw my hair like that."
"Wakatoshi, it's not that I don't like your hair slicked back." Yukina spoke cautiously.
"Then what is it? I wouldn't know unless you tell me, Yukina."

Yukina looked back at Wakatoshi's piercing gaze. Just looking into the dark olive sea is pulling her closer and closer into the depths of his wandering soul. His eyes shows a mixed of emotions; confusion, guilt, and pleading. Yukina let out a long sigh as she sat herself down again next to Wakatoshi with his now damped hair. Yukina brushes it up with her fingers so it wouldn't drop water onto his face.

"Why didn't you tell me that she wanted to see you before anyone else got to?"
"Because I thought it was irrelevant."
"Wakatoshi, in what world would that be irrelevant?"
"Because she fixed my hair to be more presentable. You even said that she made the right call."

Yukina let out another sigh as she pressed her lips together into a firm line.

"I don't think this is going anywhere. I just need to be alone, okay? You didn't even mention anything when I said my outfit got shredded."
"I was going to but you interrupted me with Ama being in a maid outfit as well."
Yukina hummed as she got up from her seat, "I'm going to go now. Lunch is over."
"Wait."
Yukina turned back slightly with a raised eyebrow to see what he wanted.
"To answer your question about being disappointed with your outfit," Wakatoshi shifted his gaze from the ground to Yukina, "I'm not. Cows are actually my favorite animal."
To his surprise, Yukina laughed softly. "Cows? Really?" She continued laughing like it was the funniest thing ever. "If only I had my maid outfit and we could take a picture." Her lips formed an uneasy smile as she looked out of the corner of her eyes.
"We can still."
"Me? As a cow?"
"Does it matter? As long as we're both happy."
"Awww." Yukina went ahead and pinch the boy's cheeks. As she was pulling his cheeks, he was furrowing his eyebrows in annoyance. She proceeded to sit on his lap and poked him on the chest.
"You take the picture since you have some long limbs."

Wakatoshi nodded and took out his phone. Using the selfie function of the camera, Yukina grinned wide as she used a finger to pull at one corners of Wakatoshi's mouth up to make a somewhat half smile. If she didn't, he would've stayed with that stoic expression.

"Send me that!"
"Are you sure?"
"Yeah! Cause you look ridiculous!" Yukina laughed out loud as she sent the picture to herself.

Still in his lap, Wakatoshi wrapped his arms around her waist and nuzzled his lips onto her neck, causing a color to creep up to her face and her nether region was starting to crave.

"W-Wakatoshi!"
"It's been so long..." he whispered into her ear, causing some excitement inside of her. But she knows better.
"Not here!"
"Then when?" Not being able to hold on his lustful eyes.
"Some other time!"