2B

Wakatoshi was looking at his phone with Yukina's number on the screen. It was after lunch and he quickly ate his sandwich before he got into class. He stared and stared, unable to decide if he should send her a text now or later.

He started to draft a message since he did need to know what time she plans on leaving her house so he could meet up with her. She sent him her address and he looked it up. To his surprise, it was an hour away.

I can wake up at the same time I usually do for practice and we can make it in time for homeroom.

But his eyes widened a bit as he saw he received another message from her.

So what time do you usually go to school in the mornings?

The teacher for the next class came in and Wakatoshi quickly put his phone away.

Afternoon volleyball practice began and didn't finish until late at night. This was a common occurrence if you had Wakatoshi Ushijima as your captain. Vigorous training.

Everyone was saying their partings and good jobs to one and another. Tendo and Wakatoshi were walking back to their dorm together as Wakatoshi was staring at his phone.

"What are you reading? Another ad of yourself?"
"I'm trying to think of a proper way to reply to this text."
That got Tendo curious really quickly, "From who?"
"Yamamoto."
"What?! She actually said yes?!" Wakatoshi nodded. "Lemme see! I can help!" When Tendo saw the text he hummed to himself. "You should ask her what time she gets up since she doesn't live in the dorms like we do."
Wakatoshi nodded taking the advice from his friend.
"Also, does she still call you Ushijima? You should try saying her name."

The two stopped in their tracks and Wakatoshi said it slowly. When her name left his lips, he felt heat rising to his cheeks. Tendo couldn't help but snicker and tease him about it all the way to the dorms.

Coming out of his own personal bathroom, he unplugged his phone from the charger and started composing the text. He stared at it for another minute before hitting the button 'Send.'

He looked at the top of his phone and frowned at how late it was.

Maybe she's still awake.

A minute later, he received a text from Yukina. Quickly, he swiped to unlock his phone and read the text.

Did you just get done with practice?

She's still awake?

Yes. That is why I am texting you.
Don't you think it's a good idea to text when you have a break?
We don't usually have breaks during practice.
I meant during the day at school. I'm sure you have some free time during lunch. You know, in a relationship, we often times try to communicate with one and another.

Did I messed up already?

Oh. Is that how it is?
Yes.

Wakatoshi furrowed his eyebrows when he saw the one worded text. He wanted the conversation to continue. So he went back to his original question.

So, what time do you leave your house?
Around 7:00.

Isn't that too late?

Don't you think that's cutting it close with homeroom?
Homeroom starts at 8.
Yes, but it's good practice to come in before that time.
The bus is always on time.
You shouldn't have to rely on that. What if the weather is bad? We'll leave your house at 6:30.
I like to sleep. So we're leaving at 7:00.