13B

It was afternoon practice for Wakatoshi. As he was stretching with his teammates he was looking all over the gymnasium for the one person who he always wanted to impress. He couldn't find the brunette and decided to text her after they stretched.

Where are you?
I'm doing a partner project so I'm at the library

Wakatoshi raised an eyebrow. He didn't think that Yukina would be able to find a partner in her class since practically everyone hated her.

With who?
The class rep
Oh.

That made sense now. He frowned a little as he didn't get to see his favorite person but he shrugged. She never went to his practice games before so just this once, it shouldn't bother him that much.

As they were doing their warm ups, Tendo heard the doors opened and quickly turned his head, excited to see Yukina, much to Wakatoshi's dismay. There she was, but she was with someone.

"Woah, woah, woah! Who's that hottie with Yukina?"

All the guys had stopped their practice to take notice of the big busty strawberry blonde girl walking into the gymnasium with Yukina. Yukina smiled nervously as the other girl was strutting like this was nothing. The two girls made their way to the benches and Yukina started setting up her workspace while the other smiled and waved to the guys.

"What do you think you imbeciles are doing?!" The coach was infuriated. "Just because another girl comes in and you think it's okay to get distracted?!"

Quickly, the boys went back to practicing. Wakatoshi shook his head. He remembered seeing this girl some time ago. Guys from his class always talked about her but never really talked to her. Wakatoshi never understood. He got into position as he did a jump serve.

As they were practicing, Wakatoshi noticed that everyone else was hitting harder and being more concentrated on practice. He wondered why. Was it because there was a new girl watching them? How is it any different from Yukina watching them?

It was soon late at night and Wakatoshi looked over at the bleachers to see the two girls still there. Wakatoshi raised both his eyebrows as he took a sip from his bottle, Yukina never stayed to the end of their practice before. He walked over as he could see the poor girl being really nervous as she was texting on her phone. Was she texting another guy? A frown appeared. He definitely wouldn't like that.

"Hey."

Yukina yelped in fear and slowly turned around to see Wakatoshi giving her a worriedly look.

"Did I scare you?"
"You just surprised me." Yukina laughed nervously. She got up and put the two straps of her backpack on. "I need to go. Mom is scary when she's angry." Yukina laughed as she skipped down the benches.

Ah, that's who she was texting. Wakatoshi mentally sighed in relief.

"Let me walk you home." Wakatoshi grabbed his stuff from the benches and started walking out with her.
"Are you sure? No homework?"
"I can do it on the bus."

Yukina and Wakatoshi said their farewells to the others. Some of the guys were arguing about who gets to walk the class rep home though. Wakatoshi shook his head. The things guys would do to impress a girl. Oh wait.

He glanced over at Yukina as they continued walking towards the bus stop.

He lied to her to get her to watch him during volleyball practice.

On the bus, Yukina was in deep thought. And Wakatoshi could see that she had a troubling face on.

"What's the matter?" Wakatoshi voice echoed through her ears.
"Huh?! Uh, nothing!" Yukina gave him another uneasy smile.
"That doesn't look like nothing to me." Furrowing his eyebrows and scolding at her. Yukina could feel his eyes piercing her soul.
"I can never get anything passed you." She laughed nervously. "I just noticed that you guys were going harder than usual at practice."
"I've noticed that too." Yukina shot her head to look at Wakatoshi with furrowed eyebrows. "And because everyone was practicing harder, I was matching their determination."

Wakatoshi watched as a carefree laugh escape from her lips. He loved that little sound she made as it echoed through his ears. His eyes soften as he watched the trouble on her face washed away.