Chapter 27

An alarm was blaring on Wakatoshi's side of the bed. Yukina grumbled as she felt Wakatoshi turning over to shut it off. Yukina herself turned over and brought the sheets closer to her face, trying to warm herself up. She felt the tender kiss from her lover on the top of her head as the bed sprung back up from his body leaving the premises.

"You need to shower too." His lower than usual morning voice boomed through her ears.
"But why? I don't have practice." Yukina mumbled softly.
"You didn't clean yourself from last night. You're still naked under that blanket."

Yukina shot her eyes wide opened and peered under to see that he was right. The heat rising up on her face from embarrassment as she remember what happened and she quickly ran to the bathroom.

"I'm hungry." Yukina whined as she walked into the huge gymnasium with Wakatoshi.
"We can eat after. I told you to eat a banana."
"I hate bananas." Yukina grumbled as she made her way to the bleachers. She laid herself down trying to take a nap so that the hunger would go away.
"Is Yukina-chan dead?"

Yukina could hear the familiar voice as the said person was poking her cheek.

"I wish I was. Then I don't have to starve. Maybe I'm halfway there. Starved to death." Yukina muttered to herself without opening her eyes.
"Wakatoshi! We didn't agree you starving her to be your girlfriend!" Tendo scolded the captain.
"We?" Yukina opened her eyes as that had caught her attention. But Wakatoshi shoved an apple in her face.
"Eat." Wakatoshi told her firmly.

Sighing in defeat, she took the apple and bit into it. She looked up at Wakatoshi who had softened the corners of his eyes.

"We can get fluffy pancakes after okay? I already got us the tickets."
Instantly, Yukina beamed. "How did you know those are my favorite?!"
"That's because he's a stalker." Tendo snickered as he ran away to the court.
"Stop stalking me, Wakatoshi." Yukina muttered with a scared expression. Wakatoshi blinked as he didn't know what else to say but felt uneasy.

After the grueling practice match Shiratorizawa had with more experience players, they all went over to the cafe where the fluffy pancakes were. Yukina was humming happily as she waiting patiently for her food. The others were talking amongst themselves.

"You know, this is the first time Yukina-chan is sitting with us." Tendo purred.
"It is, isn't it?" Yukina smile softly as she stared at the others. "Does it bother you?"
"Oh no! On the contrary, I think we enjoy it!" Tendo raises his hands up.
"It's nice to see Wakatoshi smiling once in a while."
"Huh?"

Everyone turned to the captain and saw that he had his same stoic expression as ever.

"Are you blind?" Semi sneered, "Looks like your eyes are only good for your guess blocking."
"He was smiling!" Tendo screeched.

The two had their usual banter. Some of the guys were trying to calm down the situation while the others were minding their own business. Yukina laughed nervously at the situation on hand. She felt a slight squeeze on her knee and looked up to see the owner of the hand to be Wakatoshi.

"What's the matter?"
"Are you fine?" Wakatoshi asked with a solemn face.
"Yes, are you okay?" Yukina was concern why the question was even brought up.
"I just wanted to make sure."
Yukina furrowed her eyebrows, "Why are you being so attentive today?"
"I just care."
"Awww, so sweet." Yukina laughed but gasped when she saw her jiggly pancakes. "It's here!"

Yukina smiled brightly as her food was placed in front of her. She was too busy taking a video of her shaking her fluffy pancake that she didn't see the rest of the team in shock as they witnessed Wakatoshi slowly forming a faint smile on his face.

"It's the end of the world!!!" They all screeched giving Wakatoshi an expression that read 'stop it already.'
"You keep saying that and someone will actually believe it."

During the trip, Yukina was slowly getting along with the rest of the team. Even though she has been to their afternoon practices, she never really interacted with them. Now that she is, she was able to see the different personalities.

Reon, Tendo, Semi, and Yamagata are all third years and had been with Wakatoshi since Year 1. Yamagata is the only one who doesn't call Wakatoshi by his first name. Reon usually calms down the bickering between Tendo and Semi while Yamagata is protective of the younger kids.

Shirabu and Kawanishi are second years. Shirabu decided to go to Shiratorizawa in order to be a setter for Wakatoshi. Kawanishi doesn't talk much but he would smile once in a while.

Goshiki is the only first year on the team. He gets overly excited about anything and to Yukina it was cute. He often times would tell her that he would be the next ace of Shiratorizawa and he'll be better than Wakatoshi. He admired him so much.

Heck, all of his teammates admire and respected Wakatoshi. Just knowing the fact the Wakatoshi has became such a strong and reliable captain made her heart full. She smiled proudly to herself, happy to know that someone like him was her boyfriend.