9B

Summer break just started and the boys volleyball team had arrived to their super nice training camp for the week in Tokyo. Wakatoshi and the rest had be practicing non stop but they would go out to eat around for dinner.

Everyday when Wakatoshi would want to try and text his girlfriend, he would either be too busy or he just didn't know what to say. Should he just send a hi? But that would be too simple. He can't just ask her how she is doing since she's not doing anything either.

On the last day, when they were driving back to Sendai, he was missing her voice. He was missing her face, her smile, and basically everything about her. Everyone on the bus were sleeping soundly. He pulled out his phone as he was staring at the picture he took of Yukina sleeping and smiled to himself. But as quick as that smile appeared, a frown replaced it.

Is this what it was like to miss someone? Has he grown attached to this girl already? Maybe he has. He has been observing her from afar for years and now that she's been in his grasp for a few months now, he couldn't get enough of her. It was like an addiction. He enjoyed the little things about her. How he could just sit four tables away from her and she wouldn't be bothered. How he can text her a few hours after her last and she would still want to converse with him. He really did enjoy her company. And when they talked on the phone that one morning, he enjoyed hearing her sweet voice.

He looked at the time and wonder if Yukina would still be awake. He'd hate to wake her up while she was sleeping peacefully but he really want to listen to her voice. He pressed the call button on his speed dial list and listened as the ringing began.

"Why are you calling me?"
Wakatoshi frowned. Did she not want to talk to him on the phone as much as he did? "You couldn't just say hello first?"
"Oh. Hello Wakatoshi. Why are you calling me?"

Wakatoshi is taking a moment to collect his thoughts. He is nervous of telling her his reasoning for calling her when she didn't seem like she wanted to talk to him. He shook his head, trying not to disturb the sleeping boys on the bus.

"I just wanted to hear your voice."

He took in another deep breath as he wanted to let her know his feelings at the moment. A new feeling he never felt before.

"I missed you."

There was a moment of silence but Wakatoshi swore that he could hear his own heart pumping in his chest. Loud enough to wake up the redhead next to him. He held in his breath as he awaited her answer.

"I'm sorry. Did the Wakatoshi Ushijima, the ace from powerhouse Shiratorizawa Academy told me that he misses me?"
"Wouldn't anyone miss their significant other if they haven't talked in a week?"
"Well it's not my fault that you never texted me."
"I was busy with practice."
"I was busy with practice." Yukina mocked. But Wakatoshi sighed when he heard it. She was definitely upset with him. He wanted to make it up to her, but how?

"Are you busy tomorrow?"
"Mmmmmm. I don't think so, why?"
"Do you want to do anything?"
"Are you even going to make it in time?"
"We're heading back right now. The others are sleeping on the bus."
"Oh. That would explain why you're whispering." Yukina giggled. "Can we go to the amusement park? They recently just opened it!"
"Is that what you want?"
"Yes!"
"Sure. We can meet at your house at 10 tomorrow morning?"
"Yay! I'm so excited!"

Wakatoshi let a small smile appear on his lips as he heard the cheerful sound coming from the other end. But he was curious as to why a high schooler would be that excited for an amusement park.

"Why?"
"The last time I went to the amusement park was like ten years ago. And I've been so bored lately. No one wanted to play with me. Even Toshiro went out with his friends!"
"Went out?"
"Well hung out at his friend's house but same thing."
"I'm sure people would play with you when they're not busy." He yawned.
"You should probably sleep."
"Yeah, I should. Good night."
"Good night! And Wakatoshi?"
"Yes?"
"I've missed you too."

The two had hung up. Wakatoshi stared at his phone. His girlfriend actually missed him too. Somehow just that one sentence was able to make his heart full and his stomach flipping for joy. He enjoyed this feeling. He smiled as he closed his eyes, ready for sleep to consume him.

Wakatoshi has arrived to her house and rang the doorbell. A minute later the door opened and something hit his shins. He looked down to see the sparkling eyes of Toshiro who was grabbing the hem of his pants. Wakatoshi nodded and picked the boy up knowing that this was something he wanted.

"Ready?" His deep voice rumbled through the silence.
"Can I come too?" Toshiro pleaded with his big watery eyes.
"It's a date between your sister and I." Wakatoshi ruffled his hair. Toshiro pouted some more and waved his arms for his sister. Yukina grabbed a hold of him and patted his head.
"Next time okay?"
"Like brother sister date as ice cream?"
"Yes, just like that time." Yukina chuckled softly. "I'll be real quick."

Wakatoshi nodded and waited outside for a moment before Yukina came back out and ready to head out. The two of them were walking in silence when Yukina decided to break it.

"You know, you kind of looked like a dad back there."
"Back where?" Wakatoshi raised an eyebrow.
"When you carried Toshiro! So dad like!" Yukina laughed to herself. "Do you want to try holding hands?" Yukina held out her hand as Wakatoshi stopped in his tracks.

He looked at the fragile little hand in front of him and then up to the smiling face from the brunette. He slowly took a hold of it and Yukina could feel every inch of the rough skin that intertwine with her fingers. She hummed happily as the two continued their walk to the bus stop.

He caresses the back of her hand with his thumb. How can something so little fit so well in his gigantic hand? He wondered. But he doesn't question it. He wished for this hand to his forever.