Chapter 5A

Yukina was humming to herself as she was choosing her outfit for the day. It was finally Saturday and it was the only thing that she kept thinking during the week; blocking the nasty comments that were thrown her way. She sighed as she remember that one sided conversation that she had with the ringleader and frowned at herself through the body length mirror.

"It's okay, maybe it won't be like the others." Yukina muttered some words of encouragement. "Ah, maybe this would work."

Yukina decided to pair a long sleeved olive colored dress with a red crossbody. She had one some black booties to complete the look. She put on eyeliner and lip gloss and looked at herself in the mirror and smiled. Checking the time, she saw it was time for her to start walking to the place.

"Bye mom! Bye dad! Bye Shiro!" Yukina shouted as she put on her shoes.
"Where are you going?" Her mom came out from the living room with a raised eyebrow.
"I'm meeting with Wakatoshi at that new ice cream place."
"Yukina-nee! Can I come?" Toshiro came running to the door with the biggest puppy eyes she ever saw. It instantly made her feel guilty but she patted his head.
"I'll bring you next time, okay? Today is Toshi-nii's and Yukina-nee's date." Yukina laughed to herself when she realized she said 'Toshi-nii' when it was a nickname Toshiro created.
"Date?" Toshiro tilted his head wrapping his head around the word. "Can we go on a date too?"
Yukina laughed gently. "Of course we can, little man. Alright, I need to go now."
"How about you invite him for dinner? I doubt the food at the dorms are that great." Her mom furrowed her eyebrows.
"Why are we inviting Mr. Perfect over?" Yukina could hear her dad grunt. Yukina laughed nervously as she walked out.
"I'll ask him, okay?"

Yukina had arrived at the little ice cream shop that was in between her house and the school's campus. She went inside to see if Wakatoshi was inside, and sure enough, he was there. When he spotted her at the door, he held up his hand as a greeting. Yukina nodded and smiled pleasantly. As she was passing by, she could hear the whispers and feel the gazes of the other high school boys.

Things would never change, huh. She sighed internally.

"Did you already ordered your ice cream?"
"No, I was just waiting."
"Ah, I see. Did you check out the menu?" Wakatoshi nodded. "Okay, let me to look and we can go up there and get something."

As she was looking at the menu, the whispers didn't stop. But it was mainly those of disappointment when they saw that she was on a 'date' with her 'boyfriend.' Her lips twitched into a smile and she hummed to herself.

"Why are you smiling?" Wakatoshi interjected himself into her thoughts.
"It's nice to hear the whispers stop and having no one approach you."
"Does that happen often?"
"You must of heard all of the rumors about me before asking me to be your girlfriend, right?" Yukina gazed up at him and then back to the menu. Wakatoshi nodded and waited. "Then you must know that when I'm outside of the school, it's even worse. I've had girls yelled at me when their boyfriends were caught staring at me. And then the rumors spread at school making everyone think that I was a homewrecker." Yukina rolled my eyes. "Ah! Did you see them rolling to the back of my head?"
"No, I still saw your cornea."
Yukina pouted. "You're not fun."
"I think I am lots of fun."

Yukina blinked a couple of times and widened her eyes. She couldn't believe what she heard.

"What?"
"Nothing." Wakatoshi muttered as he shifted his gaze onto the ground. "Did you choose a flavor yet?"
"Ah, yes, yes. Let's go!" Yukina smiled brightly. Wakatoshi nodded and followed suit to their walk to the cashier.
"Hello, how can I help you?" The cashier looked like she was ready to punch in their order.
"Could I have the strawberry and creme?" Yukina started rummaging through her purse to grab her wallet.
"And you sir?"
"Oh, I-" Yukina was about to say they were going to pay separately until Wakatoshi interrupted.
"Just a plain vanilla."
Yukina looked at him in a teasingly way and held her hand in front of her face to snicker at him. "How predictable." Yukina watched as the tall boy in front of her slowly furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.
"I just like vanilla."
"Yeah, I wouldn't pass it over you since you look like the type to hate trying other flavors."