6B

Morning practice for the prelims started for Shiratorizawa volleyball team. Wakatoshi was going through a vigorous training with the team, like always. When it was done, he went over to the bench to grab himself a bottle to drink. He then went over to his sports bag to grab a towel to wipe his sweat and take a look from his phone. He saw that there was one missed phone call and a few text messages from Yukina. Worried, he decided to call her back.

"Hello?" He could hear the sweet voice on the other line.
"Why did you called me?"
"Wow, your voice is deeper on the phone."

He could feel his own heart flipping over itself in his chest from her little comment.

"Do you not like it?"
"Who wouldn't like a tall, handsome guy with a deep voice?"

He heard her soft chuckle as he was furrowing his eyebrows. He was never good with compliments with his appearance. He always thought that he looked average compared to the others. It's not like he had girls openly flirting with him like Oikawa.

"I called because I thought you got kidnapped."
"Highly unlikely." He continued with his confused expression.
"Yeah, I know. Then I remembered you had morning practice."
"Is that all?"
"Pretty much."

The corners of his lips twitched upward as he was imagining Yukina being worried over the Shiratorizawa's giant being kidnapped by someone. It was nice to have someone check up on him once in awhile, he thought to himself.

"Are you on the way to school now?"
"Yeah, I'm halfway there."
"At least you woke up on time."
"I don't need you to wake me up you know?"
"It's nice to walk with you to school though."
"Are you sure? Most of them time I'm complaining that I'm tired."
"Anyone would be tired if they don't get enough sleep. Just sleep earlier."
"It's not always that easy. Especially when you're trying to talk to your boyfriend all the time."
"Then talk to me less." He thought it was the most obvious solution.
"Are you serious?"
"You'll get more sleep that way."
"Do you want to be in this relationship or not?"
"I'm sorry. I upsetted you, didn't I?" He softly spoke.
"You sure did. I've reached the school. I'm going now."

Wakatoshi heard the end call beep and he looked at his screen. He frowned and sighed to himself. He didn't know what to do in this kind of situation where she was upset. When he saw her, she was always happy and laughing.

Tendo, being the most caring friend to Wakatoshi, heard his long sigh. Raising an eyebrow, he asked him if something was bothering him.

"It appears that I had upsetted Yukina."
Tendo hummed as he watched his dear friend's frown deepen. "You know what that means?"

Wakatoshi looked at him confused.

"You're seriously so dumb. I feel sorry for her." Tendo snickered. "Get her some chocolates and flowers. Girls love those things."

Wakatoshi nodded as he searched on his phone the closest supermarket near their campus.

After school, Wakatoshi was seen walking down to the supermarket. It was only half a mile away from the school so he had no problem in doing a quick run to it.

"Hello, how can I help you?" A middle aged woman sweetly smiled to him.
"I am looking for flowers and chocolates." Wakatoshi replied in a curt manner with his unwavering look of determination.
"Ah, is there a reason for it?" The woman asked as she led him to the flower section.
"I want to apologize to her. I heard this is the best way?" He muttered as he was taking a look of the bouquets. The woman chuckled softly as his innocent reasoning.
"Let me fix one up for you then." She proceeded to smile softly, humming, as she was grabbing flowers to put together.

When she finished, she brought out a box of chocolate as well. Wakatoshi gave her a nod, indicating that he approved of her choices, gave her his card. The lady continued to hum as she was ringing him out.

"The girl must be really special."
Wakatoshi nodded. "She is my girlfriend after all."
"Oh my! How exciting! She must have done something amazing in her past life to nab a fine young man like you."
"She did say I was tall and handsome. Thank you." He gave her a curt bow before leaving the store.

He looked at the bouquet that she made as slight smile appeared on his face just imagining Yukina's smile as she receive these.

He could feel his heart dancing around and his stomach being upset. His small smile never left his face as he was getting used to his body's strange reaction whenever he thought about the girl.

It's not that bad anymore.

As Wakatoshi made his entrance to the gymnasium, he checked his watch and saw that he was ten minutes late.

"Oho! And here I thought you would miss practice!" Tendo shouted as he saw his captain coming through. Wakatoshi noticed that the guys were staring at him curiously. He looked over at the bleachers where Yukina would usually sit and spotted her petite frame. He started walking over to her as he observed her curious expression.
"Why would I miss practice if that's the only way I can get stronger?

He stopped right in front of her to see her widen eyes while her mouth was hanging open. He pushed the items forward and Yukina held out her hands in compliance.
"What is this for?"
"To show how sorry I am."

Yukina was stunned. She looked up to see his dark olive eyes that she liked so much. The eyes were stern and determined but was soft around the edges. She smiled gently at the gesture.

"But I don't really like these kind of things."

Wakatoshi quickly shot a glare at Tendo as he was sending off his dark aura. Tendo froze in his spot from fear and was too afraid to look behind him.