The airport girl

Mikey's POV*
Her radiant smile lit up the room. Her long ashy brown hair flowed elegantly down her back. Her tantalising green eyes mesmerised me. I admired her for a few seconds then stopped when I realised I wasn't speaking, "hi" I said still gazing at her beauty. "Hey" she smiled, then she paused, looking down at her feet "you know what, it's fine, I better just go" she mumbled looking flustered. Her smile slowly started to disappear as she started to walk away into the airport crowd.

I got up rapidly, attempting to make my way to where she was standing. With her in my sight, I walked up to her, grabbing her hand gently, "hey where are you going?". She turned to face me looking startled, "oh sorry, I thought you'd think I was like weird or something by tapping you on the shoulder when I don't even know you" she giggled.

"No, no not at all" I exclaimed as she smiled looking relieved. "I'm Elise" she said as we began walking to the Starbucks, trying to make our way around the excessive amount of people. "I'm Mikey" I said finding myself admiring her once again.

We sat down at the empty table together. "So, why are you here?" I asked. "Well I was here to drop off my best friend at the airport, and now she's on a plane going to France. Why are you here?" she smiled, revealing her pearly white teeth. "My good friend got offered a job in America, so I came with her to say goodbye" I said trying not to make it too obvious that I was nervous about talking to someone like her.

"Well that's a coincidence that we're here to drop off people" she laughed as she was about to get up to grab us drinks. "No, you can sit, I'll go get drinks" I told her as she looked at me in surprise. "Um okay" she said, sitting gracefully back down. "What would you like?" I asked. "Could I have a caramel macchiato with whipped cream? It's my favourite drink" she said. "Yeah" I grinned before rushing up to the counter.

After I had received the drinks I returned to my seat and watched her sip the straw of her drink happily. We talked for ages just learning more and more about each other. I'd forgotten where I was I was that interested in her. Until, she got up and said goodbye to me; walking out into the cold and climbing into a taxi. Then, I realised, I had forgotten to get her number... would I ever see her again?