Back to the bench

I had left the apartment with Jack walking close beside me. His tears had dried up and we were walking down the frosty street. I looked over at him. His jaw jittering from the cold and his hands shaking, being covered up by the sleeves of his hoodie. "Here" I said, handing him my coat with a small smile on my face.
"No. I'm okay" he said. "Take it" I commanded. "Okay" he groaned, taking out of my hand and throwing it over his back.

"Are you okay now?" I asked. "Not really. I mean, I'm not crying but I'm on the verge of every second" he spoke, kicking a small pebble. "Awe Jack" i said, wrapping my arms around him. "I'm going to get you two back together" I whispered in his ear.

He pushed me away gently, "but what if he doesn't want to be with me anymore because I broke up with him? I don't even know why I broke up with him in the first place!". "Calm down. If your willing to, can you tell me what happened that led to you wanting to break up?" I asked, trying to hide me hands that were shaking now.

He sighed, "okay". We walked slowly past the park, my eyes lost focus off his face for a brief moment. Noticing the bench I confessed about Mikey and I's kiss to a heartbroken Rye. The pain of that came back, and I realised that too much drama has happened too quickly. Why can't we just live happily?

I pulled his arm towards the bench, "what are you doing Andy?" He asked. Clenching his arm tightly, not letting him out my grip, we got to the bench. I sat myself down, looking up at his confused face. "This was the bench where I broke Ryes heart... when he backed away from me with anger and sadness on his face, and where I felt my life fall apart. He left me sat here, where I thought about how much I love him. Now, you need to do the same".