Untitled Part 24

As I made my way to the downtown area in a rather shady part of Des Moines, I was glad I am one of those odd people who keeps money on them at all times.

Turning down a familiar street, I stopped in front of the dilapidated house I knew all too well. Every thing about this place is the exact same. The peeling paint, the broken windows, the same shady people inside of it.

Even though it's been ten years, some things never change. I know the dealer is still running shit out of the same place. How he is still up and running in the same spot is beyond me.

I knocked on the door, watching a light come on. The crappy door opened, and I saw the same person I always have.

"Well, well, well. Paris Wilkins. Thought you were done." My dealer smiled at me.

"Cut the shit man." I sighed.

"Well, please, come in doll." He laughed.

I walked inside, feeling creeped out immediately. There are guys in there that look like they are big time dealers. Gold chains, tattoos, and the constant twitchy behavior. They all glanced up at me as they cut lines of coke on the table.

"Who's the bitch, Pete?" One of them asked.

"Paris meet Poncho, Mikey, and Demon." Pete grinned at me.

Pete is a short guy with no hair on his head at all. He has rotted teeth, unlike before. His green eyes, darted all over the place. This guy is an asshole. I hate being here.

"So, Paris. What are you going to do for us?" Poncho asked.

"Excuse me?" I asked. Nope. I need out of here.

"You heard me, bitch." Poncho said.

"Calm down, man. You can't throw that out there just yet." Mikey laughed.

"You don't need to at all." I said. My nerves are making my whole body feel like ice.

"Oh yeah, I do. Better sit your ass down." Poncho said. His black eyes told me he meant business.

"Fuck it. I'm outta here." I said, turning to the door.

"Where ya going? The party is just getting started." Demon said, blocking my path.

In that moment, I realized how much I don't want drugs. Not even a little. I used to crave this drug, and now I'm terrified of it. All I want is to go home.

"I'm leaving." I told him.

"No you aren't." Demon said, sneering at me.

"Yes I am." I told him, as he walked closer.

Demon is a huge guy. His greasy black hair hung in his face, his rotting teeth. Ugh. I'm gonna be sick.

Fuck! No one knows where I am. I just left. Joey, Paul. God, I just want to be close to them again.

"Sit the fuck down." Demon told me.

"No! Move, asshole!" I yelled.

Demon gave me a soft smile, then backhanded the fuck out of me. I shrieked, falling on the dirty floor. My eye feels like it may pop out of my skull. All of them are laughing. I slowly stood up, looking at him.

"Move." I said. Demon laughed at me.

"Fuck you. Which we all plan on doing tonight." Demon smiled.

I kneed him in the balls, watching him drop. I threw open the door, running like hell down the street. I glanced over my shoulder as I ran, unsure if they were following me. I ran and ran until I felt like I may collapse.