Untitled Part 7

Sid's POV

"She is seriously a genius?" I asked.

"Yeah man. She is. It used to intimidate me, but as you can tell, Paris never let's on that she's smart." Joey laughed.

"I'm more surprised." I said.

"Sid, she doesn't care about normal things like money and people knowing how smart she is. She went through a ton of shit growing up. People were terrible to her. They would pick on her, beat her up. It was bad." Paul told me.

"She's really nice though." I said.

"She is. Sometimes too nice. Nice has gotten her in trouble some over the years." Joey sighed.

"What do you mean man?" Corey asked.

Joey and Paul looked to make sure she wasn't nearby. Paris had been doing dishes and talking with Jim while we went to the basement.

"Her ex, David? That prick beat her ass. Like stomped the shit out of her. She wouldn't just tell him to fuck off. She would say she didn't want to be around him. He wouldn't take the hint. I saw her two years ago. Joey and I came home as a surprise visit. I hadn't seen her for two years before that. What I saw damn near killed me. She was beat to shit. This prick is sitting around the house barking orders at her. I had to keep Joey from killing him. I had to flat out tell her he was done. Then I threatened to eat his eyes." Paul said quietly.

"Joey and I spent three weeks telling her she deserved better. She didn't believe it anymore. You know how guys like that are. They beat them down mentally until they believe that shit. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. She's her old self now. But it took a while. I had my cousin come stay for about six months after that, since Joey and I couldn't be here with her. It was bad." Paul finished.

"Jesus man." I whispered.

"She doesn't seem like the type to take that." Corey said as shocked as I was.

"She isn't. I dare a motherfucker to put his hands on her now. She would probably kill his ass." Joey grinned. I nodded.

"I fucking hate assholes who beat on women. That's fucked up." Corey said, clearly pissed off.

"No shit. Fucking prick." I growled.

"You guys never mention this to her. Ever." Joey said sternly.

"I'm not that big of a dickhead, man." Corey said.

"I wouldn't ever do that." I told them. They nodded.

"She has a huge heart as you can see. The problem with Paris is that when it comes to people she cares about, she can't tell them no or set boundaries. That's why I worry about Joss coming home. It's her brother, but he's not the same guy we all knew. It sucks. They were super close." Joey said quietly.

"He hasn't come back though." I said.

"You don't know Joss. He could be here now, and then show up one day. I worry he's gonna hurt her." Joey whispered.

"Just keep doing what you've been doing. Don't leave her alone. It's all you can do right now." Corey said.

"I know. She's the one who suffers though." Paul said. We all nodded.

"Joey! I'm staying at Sid's tonight!" Paris yelled down.

"Good! Michelle is coming over!" Joey grinned.

"Is she hot?" Paris yelled.

"Duh! Yeah she is hot!" Joey laughed.

"Big or small tits?" Paris yelled. We are about on the floor.