Untitled Part 1

It's always that same dream that gets me. Night after night, the same one I've had since I was twelve years old. The dream that shakes me to my core, and makes me want to reverse time. I would do anything to go back to that day and change it. Why didn't I wait for her? Would she still be here if I had waited for her?

I woke in a cold sweat, panting in the darkness of my room. Sitting up, I ran my shakey hands through my light brown hair. Glancing at the clock, I knew sleep was pointless since it's already eight in the morning. Fuck! I don't think I've slept well in years. I sighed and got out of bed.

A clap of thunder made me jump, followed by a flash of lightning. I made my way to my kitchen and started some coffee, watching the rain outside. I know it's cold outside since it's October, but the rain will make it even more cold in beautiful Iowa. I heard the coffe pot beep, and poured myself a cup.

Footsteps in the upstairs told me that my roommate and best friend is now awake. I grinned, hearing them walk down the stairs. I glanced up and saw Joey standing in the kitchen staring at me.

"It is too goddamn early for you to be up." Joey muttered.

I nodded as he poured himself some coffee. I've known Joey forever, and we have lived in this house for about four years. Well, me more than him. He is gone on tour with his band, and I'm usually alone. Now I am trying to adjust to having him home again. This time he said he is home for longer than a year. He sat down across from me in just his boxers.

"Paris, you have to start sleeping better." Joey said.

"I know. I will some day." I said, looking out the window. I heard him sigh.

"Still seeing the shrink?" Joey asked. I shook my head.

"Waste of money, huh?" He grinned. I smiled and nodded.

"I feel like it just made it worse. All we did was talk about the day...." I trailed off.

"I know, Paris. I wish I could take it away for you. I really do." Joey said, reaching over to squeeze my hand gently. I nodded and sighed.

"I need a shower." I said.

"We have like four bathrooms. Take your pick." Joey grinned.

"I'm not taking yours. Jesus, when was the last time you cleaned it?" I grinned. Joey smiled at me.

"When you cleaned it." Joey laughed. I giggled and walked upstairs to get ready.

After I got my shower, I quickly dried my thin, light brown hair. I used my black eyeliner and smokey gray eyeshadow on my pale brown eyes. Once my teeth were brushed, I pulled on a black tank top and and a light gray sweater that hung off of my shoulder, then my favorite pair of jeans.

I headed to the stairs and heard voices coming from the living room. They were voices I had never heard before. Shit, did Joey invite his bandmates over? In the four years he has been in his band, I never met any of them.

Joey went through a pretty hard time at the beginning when they first started out, and didn't want me to meet any of them. Why now? I went down the stairs and came around the corner, met with stares of three strangers in my living room and no Joey.

"Um, hey." A guy with crazy dyed hair said to me with a huge grin.

It's like purple and red colors, and he has the most startling blue eyes I've ever seen in my life.

Sitting on the other end of the couch was a larger guy with sunglasses on and his long black hair pulled into a ponytail. He crossed his arms and cocked his head to the side slightly as he stared at me.