Untitled Part 10

Two months later

Things have been going really well with Sid and I. I enjoy how much we have in common, and the time we spend together is always fun. I'm happier than I ever have been. That is, until this week.

The past few days, Sid has been acting weird. Like, hasn't really called or stopped over. When I've called him, he has been "busy" with "things".

Do we have to spend every waking moment together? No, absolutely not. I respect his career and that he has friends. I also know that I shouldn't be the only thing in his life. But, I don't appreciate being blown off, which leads us to today.

It's Valentine's Day of all days. I'm not much into the day really. I don't need to set aside a certain day of the year to show or tell someone I care about them.

Sid and I hadn't really talked a whole lot about it, but we wanted to hang out. He had told me we would hang out together tonight at my house, since Joey was gone to his girlfriend's house. Sid wanted to watch movies and I agreed to make dinner.

Sid told me he would come over at six. I had made lasagna, and at six thirty, he still hadn't shown up. I looked at Ruby, who I had put a red bow on her collar because she is fucking adorable and I can. Ruby came over and laid her head in my lap. I sat petting her, feeling hurt and sad.

I have no idea what is going on with him the last three days. Whenever I've asked him if he was ok, he gets snappy at me. Am I calling him tonight? Not a fucking chance.

By seven that night, I wrapped up the food and put it in the fridge. I didn't eat any of it because I'm so upset. I looked around my house and realized how quiet it is, and for the first time in four months, I'm alone. I've never felt so empty and alone as I do right now. The doorbell rang and I jumped. I went to answer it, seeing Corey standing there.

"Joey isn't here." I said quietly. Corey looked at me suspiciously.

"What's up? Where's Sid?" He asked. I moved out of the doorway and let him in.

"Fuck if I know." I said, walking to the kitchen. I grabbed a beer out of the fridge and opened it, chugging it quickly.

"Ok, enough of that." Corey said taking my beer. I sighed and sat at the table, watching him sit down across from me.

"You ok? You and Sid have a fight?" Corey asked.

"He was supposed to come over almost an hour and a half ago. I made dinner, he never showed." I shrugged.

"You're fucking kidding me, right?" Corey asked.

"No." I said, petting Ruby.

"He stood you up on Valentine's Day of all fucking days?" Corey asked in disbelief.

"It's the dumbest fucking day anyways." I told him.

"Look, I know we don't have a lot of heart to heart talks, and most days I am pretty sure you hate me." Corey grinned.

"But, I do know how to listen, and I am here if you want to talk." He said to me.

"I don't hate you Corey. I never have." I said.

"I may fall out of this chair." He grinned. I smiled at him.

"Sid has just blown me off the last few days, he's shitty to me when I've asked what's wrong. Now this. I can take a hint." I said, trying not to let my voice break.

"That doesn't sound like Sid. Either something is on his mind, or something has happened in his family or something like that. He wouldn't just act like that out of the blue." Corey said. I nodded.