Untitled Part 8

Sid's POV

"What do you want to do today?" I asked Paris the next morning after we had gotten ready.

"I have no idea. What do you want to do?" She grinned at me.

"I have to swing by Corey's place and drop off some stuff I've been working on for a while. You gonna behave if I take you there?" I grinned.

"Taking me for ice cream if I'm good then?" She smiled.

"Sure. I fucking love ice cream." I laughed, watching her giggle.

"Good. I need ice cream." She smiled, putting her coat on.

When we knocked on Corey's door, he leaned in the doorway and laughed when he saw us.

"Gonna tell me to fuck off in my own house?" Corey grinned at Paris.

"Can't. Sid won't take me for ice cream if I'm mean to you." Paris grinned. I let out a laugh, while Corey smirked at her.

"You two are so fucking weird." Corey chuckled.

The sound of a baby crying startled us. Paris looked at me in surprise, while Corey groaned almost in pain.

"Did you steal a baby?" Paris asked. Both Corey and I laughed as we followed him inside the house.

"No. Jesus, what kind of asshole do you think I am?" Corey asked. I grinned when I saw him pick up nine month old Griffin.

"This is my son, Griffin." Corey said loudly over Griffin's screaming.

"Let me try." Paris said holding her arms out to Griffin.

"Gladly." Corey said, handing Griffin to Paris.

"Hi buddy!" Paris smiled at him.

Griffin stopped crying and started smiling. Paris sat down with Griffin and he quietly started to play with her hair. Corey looked at her in disbelief.

"I have been up all fucking night. He misses his mom I think. Jesus, where were you at three in the morning?" Corey grinned. Paris opened her mouth to say something and stopped.

"I will refrain this one time from telling you exactly where I was, since a child is present." Paris grinned.

"Ugh. Never mind." Corey said laughing.

"Got a lot of experience with kids?" I asked her.

"Not really. You just gotta get on their level. Since I act like a child most days, it's not that hard for me." Paris smiled. Corey and I laughed.

"You are adorable." Paris smiled at Griffin who giggled.

Christ, watching her hold Griffin and keep him happy was pretty awesome to see. Paris looked so happy, and Corey looked relieved.

After about an hour, I looked over and saw Griffin curled up in her arms, sleeping peacefully. Both Corey and I smiled at them.

"I think I suck at parenting." Corey sighed.

"You don't. You're too tense and he picks up on it. Try relaxing and just have fun with him. He will pick up on that sooner than you think." Paris told Corey.

"You just pulled some psychology shit on me again." Corey grinned.

"Sure did. But, I'm also right. You're too worried about messing up as a parent and it's making you tense. Relax." Paris smiled.

"You're right, I am. I've hardly been around since he was born. I've basically been gone. He hardly knows me." Corey said quietly.

"Nah. You're dad. He knows that. Just give it a little time." Paris said to Corey. He grinned and nodded.