Untitled Part 9

It was Christmas Eve, and I always hate this holiday. I sat in my room alone, looking at the small box sitting I front of me. I pushed it around a little with my fingers the grabbed it.

Sighing, I opened the box. Grinning a little, I pulled the necklace out of the box. Small charms dangled from it. All of them are pigs. I held the necklace in my hand, running my fingers over each charm. I went to put the necklace away and accidentally knocked the box over.

Jesus, I am a klutz! I got off my bed and grabbed the box, noticing that the tissue paper fell out of it too. I grabbed the tissue paper and saw a small folded piece of paper. Where the hell did that come from? I have kept the tissue paper and everything in this box for the last sixteen years.

I unfolded the paper, instantly recognizing the handwriting. Tears consumed my eyes as I stared at the piece of paper. A very detailed pig was drawn on the notebook paper. Under the picture it said "Paris and Mia, best friends forever." I let out a sob.

This gift was given to me the Christmas after Mia disappeared. Her mom and dad stopped over and said she had bought it over the summer for me. I never knew the drawing was under the paper.

"I'm sorry, Mia." I whispered.

"Babe?" Sid asked from the doorway. I jumped and turned around.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asked, hugging me.

"Mia bought this for me the summer she disappeared. Her parents came over that Christmas to give me this present. I never looked under the paper. I found this." I rambled, holding the note up. Sid pulled back and looked at the drawing.

"It's really good. She could draw." Sid smiled at me. I grinned and nodded.

"She did the daisy." I said holding my wrist up.

"For real? The shading and everything?" He asked. I nodded.

"She signed it and when I took it in to get my tattoo, they were able to add it. She signed her name. I carry her with me." I said, wiping my eyes.

"Are you ok?" Sid asked. I nodded.

"Yeah. It was just unexpected is all. But, Mia was always unpredictable." I grinned.

"Sounds like someone else I know." Sid smiled at me.

I laughed and put the picture on my desk. I put the tissue paper and necklace back in the box, placing the lid on it. I set the box back on it's shelf and turned to him. I grinned.

"I have something for you." I told him. He raised an eyebrow at me.

"Yeah? You by three tour buses?" He smiled. I laughed and shook my head.

"No. I actually had this made right after I first met you." I said. I handed him a medium sized box and we sat on my bed.

"No tiny ponies still, huh?" He grinned.

I laughed and shook my head. Sid opened the box and looked up at me, then looked back in the box.

"You had this made?" Sid asked.

I nodded as he pulled out a medium sized turntable that was carved out of wood. The turntable even has movable parts on it. It is very unique, and very Sid.

"Holy shit." He whispered.

"Babe, this is amazing. I love this. Thank you." Sid said, kissing me passionately. I smiled as we pulled away.

"You are missing the best part though." I grinned and held up a tiny turntable that was smaller than the palm of your hand. His eyes lit up and he smiled.