Untitled Part 13

Two days later, I feel so much better. My fever is finally gone, and I'm not sleeping as much. I'm still tired though, and I have no idea how that is possible.

I'm also getting annoyed that no one will let me get up and do anything. I take care of other people. Not the other way around. I just want to do things on my own.

Sid has been nothing but amazing to me. He has waited on me hand and foot, and spent all of his time with me. He is such a great guy, and I know how lucky I am to have him.

"Sid, please? Go lay down for a while." I told him.

"No. I'm good." Sid said tiredly. He has huge bags under his eyes, and I know he is exhausted.

"For real, man. I'm here, she is gonna be fine. Go get some sleep." Corey told him.

Joey and Paul had gone to the studio, and Sid has been with me. Corey showed up because even Paul and Joey thought that Sid needed some sleep.

"I know, but I just worry is all." Sid told me.

"Sid, I have enough strength to kick your ass. Whatever I can't finish, I'll have Corey do it." I told him. Sid grinned at me.

"You know I think you're hot when you're mad." Sid smiled. I heard Corey groan.

"Dammit man! Go get some fucking sleep!" Corey yelled. I laughed and Sid smiled at me.

"Fine. I'm going." Sid said, kissing my head.

I watched him go up the stairs. I heard the door to my room close and sighed.

"Thank you." I smiled at Corey who laughed.

"Shit, he looks wiped out. How are you feeling?" He asked.

"Better. Just tired still. How are you doing?" I asked. Corey sighed.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Scarlett. She's just being an asshole about me seeing Griffin." Corey said bitterly.

"How so?" I asked.

"We have a show here in Des Moines in like two weeks. She has known this for a year. That weekend, is my weekend to have him. She seriously told me she can't keep him that weekend. I have no one to watch him." Corey sighed.

"What? Yes you do. I'll watch him. Jesus, why didn't you just ask?" I asked him. He looked surprised.

"Uh, really? You wouldn't mind?" Corey asked. I shook my head.

"Would you mind watching him backstage? I just like knowing he's there. He likes to watch me on the TV." Corey grinned.

"Corey, I don't mind at all. Plus I've never seen you guys play either. It will be fun." I told him. He looked surprised.

"You've never seen us play? Why?" He asked.

"Joey and Paul said you guys had a really rough time when you started out. Him and Paul weren't exactly in the best spot around then either. They asked that I wait a while. Joey must feel it's ok now since you guys hang out here." I told him.

"It was awful. I mean, we couldn't even get along for a long time. Then you throw in the drinking, drugs, women, and it was just out of control. I can see why they didn't want you to." Corey said.

"I know. Joey was bad for a while there. He drank so goddamn much. His moods were so awful, that I wanted to punch him a few times." I grinned. Corey laughed and nodded.

"I can understand why. It was pretty toxic for a while. That would explain why we didn't meet you for so long." Corey grinned.

"Yeah, he never said anything about you guys coming over that day I met you. It was a small shock." I grinned.