Love Confession 2

Time to see things in a different angle!

Chopter ?: Love Confession

Boruto's POV

Another day in the peaceful village, although today felt very dear to me. I'm planning a surprise date for my mom not only to apologize for my mistake yesterday but also for my mistakes before that. I've been very rude to both of my parents and i want to apologize for everything. And what better way to do so is to make a very romantic date for mom! Dad told me a few things that mom liked though i already knew the things he told since..she is my mom after all!

The day ran by quickly. I readied myself and ate breakfast careful not to tell, blurt things to mom or not to look suspicious, she always know the things in my mind by just eye contact.

As Big sis Hanabi said "Byakugan can see through anything." I'm starting to believe that.

My friends said its motherly instinct. We all ate in silence, it was a comfortable silence but mom being a mother asked "Boruto are you feeling fine today?" I almost choked my food as how she was quick to sense whats wrong. She raised one of her eyebrows patiently waiting for an answer.

"Hey mom, can I ask you on a date?" I casually asked. She blinked a couple of time before chuckling "Sure sweetheart. Consider me as you mother-girlfriend." I smiled to her and help clean up.

After I ate breakfast, I waste no time and ran quickly to the ramen shop. She is the 'Ramen Queen' after all and dad mentioned this on our 'man talk' lately. And I remembered the silly photo mom took when we were at the mist village.

I greeted them and ordered what mom likes then head to Aunty Ino's shop to buy sunflowers. I got greeted by Inojin who was smirking on my way out. I gave him a nervous smile and a wave then went back home and readied things. After that, I went out for a walk around the village to find the perfect spot. As i did, i stumbled upon Sumire....thank kami.

———————————————————————————————————-

Sumire's POV

I walk around the village. In the corner of my eye, i heard Sarada and Chou chou talking. "Go get your man girl!" I heard Chou chou say. I gritted my teeth and ran towards the bridge. I'll confess before Sarada does. I smiled in victory as i saw him running towards me. "Hey Boruto!" I greeted him. He looks at me with a smile but i can tell he's hiding his pissed look. "Hey Sumire!" He greeted back. I went on a small bench and gestures him to sit.

He hesitated for a moment then took the offer. "B-Boruto..." I stuttered catching his full attention. "Sumire is there something wrong?" He asked concerned. I knew it would work. "I-i want to tell you that...i like you." I whispered loud enough for him to hear. I can tell by his face, he was utterly speechless.

Boruto's POV

"Why now?" I thought to myself as i saw Sumire greeted me. "Hey Sumire!" This better be fast. She gestures me to sit and I hesitated for a moment, i mean who wouldn't when you're behind schedule? Besides, we did had a misunderstanding yesterday.

"I-i want to tell you that...i like you." Those words seem to shock me i wanted to speak but I couldn't. Yeah I knew it yesterday but coming from her snd to blurt it out just like that surprised me.

She just looked at me intently waiting for my response. I gathered all of my courage and holds her hand. "Listen Sumire..I'm glad you told me how you feel..but, i like someone else besides we're still young. Anything can happen." Sumire looked at the ground and back to me. She squeezed my hands and gave a sad smile.