Sayonara

Chapter 47: Sayonara!

"Naruto! Sasuke!" Both of them turned around and saw Sakura healing somebody. They wasted no time and ran towards her. "What happened? Are we too late?" Naruto asked. "No. It's fine. The bomb stopped about 15-20 minutes ago and we saw...a purple with the mix of blue light afterward." Sakura replied unaware of what it was. Naruto sighed in relief and looked around the village. It was half destroyed.

"Anything else?" Sasuke asked "Well, the Mizukage went to check where the bombs came from and found 200 shinobis in deep sleep and are locking them now." Sakura added. Sasuke nodded and gave a small sigh then turning his attention back to Naruto who was also busy ordering their fellow teams long when they were genins.

"Ino, can you try and search what was the cause of this incident and who was actually the one who prepared it?" Naruto asked. Ino scoffed as she flips her hair getting a groan from Inojin and a smile from Sai. "Naruto, don't underestimate me. I did this to thousands of shinobis before I can do it again." Ino then closed her eyes and focused on sensing every single shinobi's minds, then to the citizens and then throughout the whole entire village searching for anyone's minds and what they know.

"Mom's taking so long." Inojin whined. Sai chuckled as his son was as worried as he was since 20 minutes has already passed. Ino sighed as she disconnects and rubbed her temples. "Are you okay ma?" Inojin asked. "I'm fine. It has been a long time since I have connected through many people. It brings back good feelings." Ino replied. She then turned towards Naruto who was very anxious. "Momoshiki was the cause of the chunin exam-" Ino explained but was caught off by Naruto himself "Again? How did he-"

"I'm not done yet Lord seventh." Ino smirked as Naruto sheepishly rubbed his head getting a slight punch from Sakura. "As I was saying, apparently Momoshiki saved up a portion of chakra. He used it to plan his revenge which sadly worked out." Ino said gesturing around the nearly destroyed village.

"But we destroyed him before. It's impossible for him to do this all by himself considering he disappeared not too long ago." Sasuke replied. "It's true. But there was another man named Ryogi who has a bitter past in this village. He used to love someone but was already taken by the Mizukage himself. Not only that, but his whole clan was also ambushed by the shinobis of the mist." Ino added.

"Well, what's done is done. And what's lost is lost." Their heads turned towards the Mizukage who stopped beside Naruto. "Chojuro, we didn't see you there." He chuckled "Never mind that. This place needs to get tidied up as quickly as possible. Maybe just a little bit for our young genins to be nominated into chunins." Choujuro replied. "Of course! We would help as much as we can!"

"Wait, Ino, you said there was a man named Ryogi who loved someone but was taken by...Mei?" Sakura sighed and punched him again. "Baka! You might be the Hokage but jeez! It's Choujuro of course!" Naruto huffed as he rubs his head quietly hiding the upcoming tears. "She really reminds me of Hinata. Hang on, then Mizhana she's your-" Naruto stopped as the Mizukage bowed his head. "I see. I'm sorry Choujuro."

"I-I was too late." Choujuro stammered as tears welled up from his eyes. Naruto dismissed all of them and put a hand on his shoulder for comfort. "Don't be afraid to cry Choujuro. After all, even the rain has to pour out all the heavy load it has carried." He nodded and wiped his tears. "Arigato, Naruto." He smiled and turned to Sasuke and Sakura who stayed. "Yosh! We just need to...." His voice died down as he examines Sakura and how Sasuke held one of her arms.

"Ehhhh? Sakura you-you're-"

"Shhhhh Naruto. It's still a secret." Sakura winked as she lovingly holds one hand towards her abdomen.