Chapter 19: Dinner with his parents {Edited}

|Family... where life begins and love never ends.|

Grace's pov:

It was almost time for us to leave for dinner. I put on my last touch to my make up and comb my hair.

 I put on my last touch to my make up and comb my hair

I heard a knock and I quickly stepped out of the bathroom

I heard a knock and I quickly stepped out of the bathroom. I grabbed my purse and opened the door. Xavier was about to knock again but I had already opened the door and he stopped midway.

"Wow... you look beautiful." He said still eyeing me up and down. I also took this opportunity to check him out. He was in a black jean and a dark blue coat.

 He was in a black jean and a dark blue coat

"Thanks," I replied and he nodded.

"Let's go my parents called twice asking where we were. I lied saying we were trapped in the traffic." He chuckled and I rolled my eyes.

We walked downstairs and toward the car. The driver was already there.

----

After a few minutes, we finally arrived.

"Guess Skylar and Ryan are already here." He said as he saw another car parked.

"Let's go," He said and he put his hand out for me to grab it. I sighed and intertwined our fingers. We walked to the front door and he rings the bell. Not even after a few seconds later the door opened and I was engulfed in a tight hug.

"Finally! I thought you were going to show up." Amanda said still hugging the hell out of me. Without even realising it, I was squeezing Xavier's hand. I only felt it when he rubbed his thumb on top of my skin.

"Mom you are going to kill my wife," Xavier said and Amanda immediately let me.

"Oh my god.. I'm soo sorry dear I was just happy you came." She said smiling.

"It's ok," I replied back smiling.

"Wow I feel so loved," Xavier said sarcastically. I chuckled while Amanda rolled her eyes.

"Now now Xavier don't be jealous." She teased and Xavier playfully glared at her.

"I'm not."

"Amanda will you let them enter in so that he can introduce us to his wife," Nathan said as he came behind his wife.

"Yeah, both of you come in." She said and we walked in. The house was big and spacious. The wall was of a cream colour and had many pictures hanged on it.

"Finally you came, dude. I was waiting for you!"

We turned and saw the man who dropped him home, Ryan coming toward us. There was a girl behind him so I guess it was Skylar.

They did the bro-handshake and hugged each other.

"Hi, my name is Skylar."

"Hi, I'm Grace," I said and she smiled.

"I know this guy won't stop talking about you." She said pointing toward Xavier.

"Did not," Xavier argued but I know he was lying as he was hiding his smile.

"Right and you already know me, I'm Ryan," Ryan said and I nodded.

"Yeah I remember you," I said and he chuckled.

"How did you two meet?" Skylar asked confused.

"During my bachelor party this stupid here got drunk and I had to bring him home as I love him too much to let any accident happen to him. And when I reached his home she was there." Ryan explained and Skylar nodded.

"You got me drunk with a stupid competition." Xavier glared at Ryan who just smirked.

"Well we did had to enjoy right!" He said and Xavier rolled his eyes.

"You were the one who was supposed to enjoy not me," Xavier argued back.

"Grace dear, let's go out of here. These two will continue like that for hours." Amanda said and I nodded.

Skylar, Amanda and I walked into the kitchen. Amanda went to take the chicken out of the oven.

"Do you need any help?" I asked but Amanda shakes her head no.

"No, I'm fine." She replied before continuing what she was doing.

"She is always like that. She likes to do things her ways." Skylar chuckled and I nodded.

"Hey, if you were already living with Xavier before our wedding why didn't you came with him for the after wedding party?" She asked and I sighed.

"Hmmm frankly speaking I did not know that there was a party," I said as I had no idea about it and her eyes widened.

"But I had told Xavier about it and now that I am thinking about it he did not attend it himself." She stated.

"I had just moved in and still had to adjust to the new place, so I guess that's why Xavier did not tell me anything," I said and she nodded.

"Xavier is being really careful about you. He is trying to do everything slowly when he actually want it quicker." Amanda said and I looked at her confused. I know Xavier was giving me time to adjust and get used to everything but now that I am thinking about it.. it is what I want but do he want the same?

"You looked completely confused," Skylar stated and I nodded.

"I am really confused," I said and turned to Amanda.

"What do you mean he want to do it quicker?" I asked.

"Sweetie it's just that he really loves you and he just wants you to be his." She said smiling.

Wait for what? Love? We only meet a few weeks ago. He can't already love me, right? Do I love him?

I felt a hand on my shoulder and saw Skylar looking at me.

"Don't think too much about it. I was like you a few months ago and see where I am today. I am happily married and in love with Ryan. That's all that I wanted and I got it. Just relax and go for it." She smiled and I nodded slowly.

"Now stop thinking about it and let's enjoy the dinner," Amanda said smiling.

"So how was your date?" Amanda asked and I smiled.

"It was good," I said remembering the previous night.

"Aww, she is blushing!" Skylar sing and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm not!" I said and she chuckled.

"Say that to the one whose cheeks are red!" She taunted and now I felt my cheeks heat up.

A/N

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow
Love ya
;)
LovelyShifah