Chapter 23:Two weeks later{Edited}

|Everything feels better with you by my side.|

Grace's pov:

Its been two whole weeks since that night. Everything changed for the better. We did not have to act in front of anyone as all the doing was natural. I no longer tensed whenever he touched me or kissed me. I do blush when he does it in front of people but I guess that was normal.

But during this week, Xavier worked a lot. He barely spent time with me and I admit it I do miss him.... a lot.

He came home quite late at night and left early in the morning. He would kiss my forehead before leaving and when he reached home at night. Most of the time I would be sleeping.

The door opened and I snapped out of my thoughts. I smiled when I saw Xavier entering in but I frowned when I noticed that he looked super tired. He had dark circles under his eyes and he looked sleepy.

"Hey," I said lowly as I reached him. He smiled weakly.

"Hey, love." He kissed my forehead and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Are you okay?" I asked and he nodded.

"Just tired." He replied and I sighed.

"You came early today," I said and he nodded.

"I have a work to complete. I will do it on my laptop in our room." He sighed and I frowned.

"But you need rest," I said and he sighed.

"I really need to complete that right now." He stated and I nodded.

"Well let me help you. I know how to do it. Remember, I used to work in my dad office." I said and he looked at me.

"Are you sure?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yes, I now go and get some rest. I will do it for you." I said and he nodded. He leaned and kissed me softly.

"I don't know what I would do without you." He said and I chuckled.

"But come in the room with me. I will be more at ease to have you in front of me." He ordered and I nodded.

"Ok."

We walked to our room and he gave me his laptop. I started to work while he went to take a shower. Minutes later, he came back all dressed and jumped on the bed.

"Babe if there is any problem please wake me up." He said and I nodded.

I will try to solve it by myself then if I couldn't, I will wake you up!

I continued and it became easier each time. I knew how to do it as Rick always made me do the same thing in his office.

My phone rang and I quickly took it before Xavier woke up. I walked outside the room and talked.

"Hello!" I said.

"Oh hello dear, I hope I am not disturbing you?" Amanda said.

"No, it's ok," I replied

"Oh good. I just called to tell you that we are going to do your wedding shopping tomorrow. Is it ok with you?" She asked.

"Yeah it's fine," I said and heard her chuckled.

"Skylar is coming with us as she wants to help you choose your dress." She said and I chuckled.

"That's ok," I said and she laughed.

"Well, I will see you tomorrow then. Bye " She said.

"Yeah bye," I said and hang up. I walked into the room again and stopped when I saw Xavier on his phone.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" He yelled and I cringed at the sound.

"Fine. Whatever you want!" He snapped and cut the call.

I walked toward the bed and when he saw me he sighed.

"What happened?" I asked as he pulled me into him. He wrapped his arm around my waist hugging me tightly.

"Rick want us to get married sooner. Like next week." He said and I sighed.

"It's ok, Xav is ready," I said and he nodded.

"Yeah. And to say he threatened me to break the contract to marry you with another heir of another company." Xavier said and I looked at him wide-eyed.

"Seriously?" I asked and he nodded.

"I don't fucking know what's his problem." He murmured. I leaned and kissed his cheeks.

"Your mom called," I said and he looked at me curiously.

"What did she say?" He asked

"That tomorrow she will take me to buy my wedding dress," I said and he chuckled.

"That good. I can come right?" He asked and I shake my head no.

"I don't think so. You are not supposed to see the dress and I know Amanda won't let you come with us." I said and he groaned.

"You girls are soo complicated." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"Are not. It just you that can't understand us!" I said and he chuckled.

"I would soon don't worry!" He said nodding to himself.

"Right... Now rest. I will complete this work!" I said and he pouted.

"What about you rest with me?" He asked and I sighed.

"What about the work?" I asked.

"Oh fuck it. I don't really care now!" He said.

"We both that not true. If you didn't care you wouldn't be so into it." I said and he sighed.

"Fine complete it but I want you in bed with me before I woke up ok?" He asked and I nodded.

"I will try to," I said and he nodded satisfied by my answer.

I stood up and he leaned on his bed. I started to work again and hoped that no one disturbed me so that I could complete it.

When I was done Xavier was still sleeping. I closed the laptop and went near him. He looked so peaceful while sleeping.

I sighed and went next to him. I laid down and as if he knew he wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me into him. I chuckled and closed my eyes.

A little nap won't hurt.

A/N

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow
Love ya
;)
LovelyShifah