Chapter 3: The deal {Edited}

|One of the worst feelings is feeling helpless. To realise in a certain situation you're completely and totally powerless. That you gotta try to roll with the hard punches life will throw.|

Grace's Pov:

Surprisingly dinner went good. Xavier did not talk much. He just answered the question he was being asked. I guess he is not the talkative one but who am I to judge. I myself remained quiet as I did not want my dad or Samantha to snap at me during this dinner. I only replied to Amanda and Nathan's questions.

"Martha clean up," Samantha ordered and I clenched my fist. Mom smiled weakly and started to pick the dish. There were at least 20 dishes. When she bent to take mine, I carefully whispered to her.

"I will help you to clean up after this."

She smiled at me and went to take Xavier's plate. I felt my heartbeats skipped as I saw Xavier already looking at me.

Shit! He didn't heard me right?

I stood up as everyone did. I walked behind them and was trying to sneak out but Rick stopped me.

"Grace we need to talk so let's go to the living room." He said in his business voice and I nodded. Ignoring all the eyes on me, I followed Rick. But hearing footsteps behind me, I knew everyone was going to be there.

He motioned me to take a seat and I only nodded. I noticed the others sit down as well and the only place left was beside me. Xavier noticed it and walked to sit beside me.

Oh god!

I looked at dad and found him staring at me emotionless.

What did I do again?

"This dinner had a meaning behind. In order to expand our business, that is the Silver Company we decided to mix with the Knight." Rick started off and I was confused to why he was telling me that. He never invites me to a meeting or dinner!

"So in order to that to happen, we made a contract in which it is clearly said that our only heir will get married together so that both companies could be transferred in both of their names." Xavier's dad said looking carefully between me and Xavier. I looked at Xavier and saw him looking blankly his dad.

"Which means that both Xavier and you are going to get married so that the companies name will be Silver & Knight company." Said Amanda smiling at me. My eyes widened absorbing all these details.

They want me to marry a man that I barely know for business purposes? And to say that both my parents agreed to that. Whom am I kidding? They must be happy that they are going to get rid of me!

Here was I thinking about marrying the man that I would love but damn this wish as well was destroyed by my so-called family.

"I have no problem with that." Xavier voice came out loud and clear.

"What about you dear?" Amanda asked looking right at me. I opened my mouth to talk but nothing came out.

"Of course she agreed!" Samantha stated with a fake smile. Amanda looked at me again and nodded.

"So deal this contract is a seal!" Nathan stated and Rick nodded.

"Now both of you sign this paper!" Rick ordered and Xavier took the pen to sign first. I could feel my hand shaking as I was trying my hard not to cry. I took the pen and sign the contract signing my life away.

"Now there is no turning back. In this contract you cannot divorce within a year, you cannot settle down with other partners and you both should get married soon so that we can proceed further." Nathan explained and the others nodded. I just sat there listening to them.

"Can I have some time alone with Grace?" Xavier asked making my eyes snapped to his. He was already staring at me. Rick and Samantha nodded but I did not miss the glare that Samantha sends my way.

I stood up and walked toward the back door into the garden. I heard footsteps and I knew Xavier was following me. I stopped once we were out of hearing.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" I was quite surprised by his question.

"Umm no!" I replied and he nodded.

"Why do you want to get married?" He asked crossing his arm around his chest his muscle stretched.

Don't look at his muscle...Don't look! I kept saying in my head before answering him.

"I did not have a choice and you know that," I said blankly and he just stared at me.

"So you are willingly accepting this contract." He asked firmly.

"I sign it so yes." I sighed.

"Give me your hand." He ordered and I looked at me confused. He sighed before taking my left hand. I gasped when he suddenly put an engagement ring in my finger.

"S-so you knew about the t-the contract," I asked and he nodded.

"Now there is no coming back." He said going back inside leaving me shocked on my spot.

When I came out of my shocked state, I walked inside the house. When I reached, Xavier's parents were leaving.

"Well Grace sees you soon," Amanda said smiling at me. I nodded, not trusting my voice at all.

"Grace walk your in-laws till the door," Rick ordered and I nodded. I walked with them till the door. His parents went first but Xavier stayed a little back. He suddenly turned and faced me.

"Remember one thing. What's mine remains mine." He stated before he left.

What is he talking about? About the ring?

I closed the door and hurried to my room. Not caring about my clothes or makeup, I jumped on my bed hugging my pillow letting all my tears coming out.

Where the hell did I just put myself into!

A/N

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow
Love ya
LovelyShifah
;)