Chapter 7: The meeting {Edited}

|She was a girl who knew how to be happy even when she was sad. And that's important.|

Grace's Pov:

I woke up this morning early. I took a quite shower and dressed up. I choose something simple.

Once done, I walked downstairs

Once done, I walked downstairs. Xavier was still in his room as his door was closed and there was no one downstairs.

I took this opportunity to make some breakfast. It took me some time to find the ingredient in the cupboards but I found them. I decided to make some pancakes as it was quicker. I flipped them on a plate-like Mom taught me.

"Wow."

I jumped, startled at the sudden voice. I turned back and saw Xavier. He was leaning against the wall, his arms folded across his broad chest as he watched me.

"Good Morning." He said warmly.

"Morning," I replied turning back to my pancakes. I turned off the oven and put the last one in the plate.

"I was going to order breakfast." He said and I shrugged.

"Too bad I already made breakfast," I said as I made my way to the table with the pancakes.

"It looks yummy ." He complimented looking at the pancakes. He sat in front of me and I gave him a plate filled with some of the pancakes. He took the first bite and he nodded at me.

"It's really good." He said and I chuckled.

"Of course it's good. My mom taught me how to do the best one." I said as I took the first bite.

"What? I didn't think Samantha was the cooking type woman." He said confused and I shake my head no.

"Sorry but it's not her. I was talking about Martha, one of our maid." I said and he nodded.

"Oh, the one who was there the day you moved here." He said and I nodded. We continued to eat.

-------

"We need to head out now let's go." He said as we walked outside.

We reached his office and we walked in. Xavier walked beside me his face blank. Everyone stood up to greet him as we walked to his office. Once in, he sighed and sat on his leather chair.

There was a knock on the door and a girl came in. She smiled flirty at Xavier and licked her lips.

Eww, Gross!

"Mr Tenison is here, sir." She said and Xavier nodded.

"Send him in." He said blankly. She nodded and went out. Once the door closed, Xavier turned to me.

"Come here." He said and I raise an eyebrow.

"Why?" I asked confused.

"Just... Come here quick!" He said and I sighed. I walked toward him and stood beside him.

"Why did you-" I gasped as he pulled me on his laps. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me on him.

"The man who is coming right now knows that we are engaged so we need to act like it." He whispered in my ears and I nodded.

"Sorry if you're uncomfortable." He murmured but I shake my head no

"It's ok. I- I will get u-used to it." I stumbled as his hot breathe fall on my neck. The shirt I wore also wasn't helping. I felt my eyes closed when he started to kiss the nape of my neck.

"Xavier man, you could have control yourself." My eyes snapped opened and found two men in the room. I felt my cheeks heat up as I pulled slightly away from Xavier.

Shit, I did not even notice the door opened!

One of the men smirked looking at me and it was really making me uncomfortable. Xavier cleared his throat and nodded at them. The one smirking took a seat right in front of me and the other took a seat next to him.

"Well if you wanted to have fun you could have told us to wait outside. I know what it is to hold it for too long." The other man winked to Xavier who just chuckled.

"This is Grace my fiancee, and babe this is Shawn and sean. One of my biggest investor." Xavier introduced us and I nodded at them.

"Wow! I didn't think of you like the commitment one." Sean said shockingly looking at the two of us. He was the one smirking and in front of me.

"Anyway gentleman back to business will you," Xavier said and they nodded.

The rest of the meeting I block out and look at some magazine which was in the drawer. And yeah even I was shocked to see magazines here. But it all was on cars, perfume and suits.

I felt a soft lip against my cheeks and I turned, I was met with the same blue eyes.

"Are you okay babe. Do you want to go?" He asked but I shake my head no.

"I am fine," I said and he nodded. They continued and soon it was finished.

"It was nice signing this deal with you knight. I hope we get to make another one soon." Shawn said putting his hand forward

"I hope so too," Xavier said shaking his hand. They walked out and I felt him leaned on his seat.

"Damn that was tiring," he whispered and I chuckled.

"It wasn't that bad," I said and he raised on an eyebrow.

"Right, that's why you space out the whole meeting." He said and I shrugged.

"It was your meeting I wasn't the one suppose to follow it," I stated.

"Doesn't mean you-"

"Ah Xavier son!"  Our head snaps toward the door and found Rick and Samantha.

"Rick!" Xavier acknowledges him professionally.

"I see the wedding is going well." Said Samantha eyeing Xavier and I. I somehow forgot that I was still on his laps. I was about to stand up but his hand tightened around my waist stopping me.

"What do you want?" Xavier asked straight forward.

"Oh, nothing much. We just came to see whether you still wanted her or not. I mean you decide quick" Rick said making me looked down.

"And why would I do that? She is everything I need and I got it. No coming back." Xavier said in a monotone voice. His voice was strong making me almost shiver.

"Oh, that's good! Well, another thing. Grace, Stacy is going out for the weekend so the kids will stay with both of you." Samantha ordered and I felt Xavier's hand clenched on the hem of my shirt.

"Why with us?" Xavier asked. It seems like he was the only one to talk to them.

"Oh come on.. you both will get experience on looking at them." Said Samantha and Xavier clenched his jaw not happy at all.

A/N

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow
Love ya
LovelyShifah
;)