-15 degrees

Yea okay it's too much work to say who requested what so I'm just gonna post the chapters. Also I did some research before writing this one.

The light layer of glistening snow coated everything in New York City. The city was peaceful and the fresh snow looked beautiful. Everyone was excited for the colder temperatures that were a rare occurrence. 

Meteorologists said that it would be an astonishing -15 degrees Celsius (which is nothing compared to the normal -35 in Canada) for the whole week.

When Tony woke up early that Saturday morning he looked outside and saw the snow. He couldn't wait to show Peter. He ran down the hall and stopped in front of the teens door.

He slowly crept inside and saw the spider sleeping peacefully in his bed. Tony smiled at how calm Peter looked. After living at avengers tower for three months, Peter's nightmares of his aunts death had finally stopped.

This was Peter's first winter knowing Tony and the others. Tony sat on his bedside and lightly shook his shoulder.

"Good morning Underoos." Tony said. Peter didn't budge. Tony frowned and rolled his eyes. The kid was always such a heavy sleeper. Tony shook his kids shoulder a little bit harder and talked louder.

"Cmon Pete, time to get up. You can't sleep all day." He said. Peter didn't even react. Tony for worried. Normally Peter would always wake up to that. He yelled his name.

"Peter!"
"Peter!"
"Peter!!"
Tony kept yelling but Peter would not wake up. He panicked and called his husband.

"STEVE!!"
Shortly after Steve came running into the room with groggy eyes.
"What is it Tones?" He yawned.

Tony pointed down at the still sound asleep teenager in panic.
"He won't wake up!"

Steve looked confused so he bent down and roughly shook the teen. Peter still didn't budge, so Steve panicked too.

"AVENGERS!!" Steve shouted. Natasha, Bucky and Bruce came running in to see what was happening.
"Peter won't wake up!" Tony said with silent tears flowing down his face. Everyone gasped.

Bruce rushed to Peter and looked at him.
"Friday, vitals?" He asked. Friday took a second before responding.

"It appears that young Peter's vitals are extremely low, but he is in no danger." Friday announced. Everyone looked confused until Wanda came stomping into the room.

"Would you all stop thinking so loudly I'm trying to sleep!" She huffed. When she saw how panicked they looked she looked concerned.

"What's happening?" She asked. Bucky answered because the other were too upset.
"Peter won't wake up and his vitals are extremely low and we don't know why!"

Wanda walked up and placed a hand on his forehead. She stumbled back when Peter moved slightly. Everyone sighed when the saw the movement but looked to Wanda for an answer.

"He's hibernating." She said. The others looked confused so Wanda explained.
"He's part spider right? And spiders sleep in temperatures below -5 degrees otherwise they'll freeze to death. He's perfectly safe asleep as long as we don't wake him up."

Everyone nodded even though they were still concerned. Tony had collected himself.
"When will he wake up?" He asked. Wanda shrugged.

"I'm not sure, whenever the temperature rises above -5 degrees. Even his mind is asleep so there's not much to see in there right now. I'm sure Peter didn't know this would happen otherwise he'd tell us."

Everyone nodded but then Steve gasped.
"It's going to be this cold for a week! He's gonna sleep for a week?"

Wanda nodded.
"If that's what his body does then yes."
Bruce nudged Tony.
"Maybe you should get a hibernation cycle since you're never smart enough to go to sleep on your own."

Tony nudged him back and rolled his eyes.
"Whatever green bean."

{•••}

It was a quiet week in the tower with Peter hibernating. When it finally warmed up, Peter yawned and trudged into the full kitchen.

When everyone saw him they smiled.
"How'd ya sleep Underoos?" Tony asked. Peter nodded.
"Pretty good actually."

Natasha tsked.
"I'd hope so you did sleep for a whole week."
Peter's eyes widened.

"I slept for a week!?"

"Hibernation son, hibernation." Steve said. Peter looked confused.
"What?"

Tony came and put a hand on his shoulder.
"Don't question nature kiddo."

Yay I loved this request! It was so fun to write and holy crap I have so many requests to fill. This will take me awhile guys so be patient 😅. School has actually been awesome so far so that's good! Thanks for reading!
~Taco