"I travel a lot... just working enough to keep me moving," I decided on that, he nodded. I patted myself on the back, he definitely didn't suspect I was a god.
"Traveling is fun. I don't get to do it much though," Dan explained.
"Yeah, I can understand that. Being a human is tough. Money... hospitality... feelings... love," I was definitely glad not to have to deal with that stuff.
"Love," He snorted. I looked up at him questioningly. "Love sucks."

"I don't think love sucks," I started, he raised his eyebrows up at me. "I think love is hard... but I think it's really interesting and cool." I thought for a moment. "It's weird to me how you can feel an emotion so strongly that there you would do anything for someone... give up anything. And if that person loves you back... I just think it's really amazing when someone is so in love they have that little glint in their eyes... that little thing of hope in their chest... that feeling. It makes them act stupid... do things they regret... it's just so strangely powerful. Experiencing that..." I sighed contently. "What's better then that?" I asked.

"Well damn." I looked up at Dan. "Who did you fall in love with?"
"No one... I've just watched it happen... a lot. What about you?" I asked him, he laughed.
"Nah, I've been close, but it never seems to work out for me," He shrugged. I felt sort of bad for him. How could this human have such a lack of love that he can't fall in love with anyone? "But I have hope." He smirked at me, I looked down at my lap, I had a sudden giddy feeling I couldn't explain.

The dinner was nice. We spent a while talking and "getting to know each other" and I think I could find someone to end up with Dan, I just needed to look. After dinner, Dan got up and held his hand out. I took it and followed him outside. We started to walk, him not letting go of my hand. I liked the feeling of our hands intertwined.

"So you've never been on that?" He looked up at the giant wheel above us. It seemed so bright it lit up the whole block. I shook my head. "Would you like to?" He asked. I nodded and followed him on. The ride was great, it was nothing like I had ever experienced. The views were amazing. I would point things out to Dan and he would laugh and explain what they were.

The best part about looking out, was looking back at Dan. He had extreme levels of fondness in his eyes and it filled me with happiness to know that the look stayed when I looked away. There were a few moments when I looked into those lovely eyes and my heart would beat extremely fast.

"You know what, Dan?" I asked him, he tilted his head. "I think your eyes are pretty, too," I smiled, he smiled back.
"Thanks, Phil." It wasn't long before we were back on the ground. Dan and I found place where not many people were and stood there.

"This was fun," I said slipping my hands into my pockets. I looked up to Dan who nodded.
"It was, wasn't it?" He tilted his head. We sat like that for a few moments. After those few moments passed, Dan was leaning in, and I wasn't stopping it. I had never kissed anyone before, so when his lips brushed against mine, I felt electricity spark through my body. His hands cupped my face and I brought mine up to put around his neck. I didn't know how, but I seemed to deepen the kiss, adding pressure and a slight bit of tongue.

"You know that feeling in your chest you were talking about earlier?" Dan's breath bounced over my lips. I nodded and put my forehead against his. "I think I know what you're talking about," He whispered and leaned in again. It was then I pulled back.

"No," I muttered.
"No, what?" He asked.
"No... you can't... I can't..." I shook my head at him. "You aren't supposed to fall in love with me!" I exclaimed, he frowned. "You were supposed to fall in love with Lily... or Adam or Nathan... or Louise! Not me!"
"How the hell did you-"
"'Cause I'm Cupid you idiot!" I huffed. "And I'm supposed to make people fall in love... not... What did you do to me?!" I exclaimed.
"Phil.. are you ok?" Dan asked.
"No! I'm not ok! I'm falling in love with a human!" I panicked.

Suddenly one of my workers jumped in next to me, he looked nervous. "Sir... Phil..."
"What?!" I shouted. Dan looked panicked at the man who appeared out of nowhere.
"We have a problem..." He showed me Dan's list. All of the four previous names were crossed off, but that wasn't the issue. The issue was that the name below it read Phil Lester.
"Why is there a list with my name on it?!" Dan interjected.

"That's impossible!" I gripped the paper tight.
"We don't know what to do," My worker looked extremely worried.
"Don't touch me, or him!"
"What the hell is going on?!" Dan asked again. I looked at him. His eyebrows were knit together in tight confusion.
"I have no idea, Dan," I whispered.
"Well what isn't possible... and why is my name on that list?" He asked, I sighed.

"Dan... I am Cupid.. and this is one of my workers," I explained.
"Yeah, ok, Cupid's not real," He snorted.
"We make the world fall in love and well... you are making things extremely difficult. We're supposed to put a spell on people and they fall in love and that is that. But you... you somehow avoided four of them!"
"I... what?" Dan suddenly seemed to understand a little bit.

"I was trying to get to know you to set you up with someone but... the perfect person is... well... me," I sighed. He looked at me like I was crazy, which is a fair statement.

"Well shit.. isn't Cupid... a god?" He asked.
"Yeah... and gods are not supposed to fall in love with humans... but..." I looked at the list.
"But you're in love with me?" He asked. I glared at the floor.
"I think so," I sighed. "And... I think I accidentally put my spell on you and..."
"And so that explains why I'm in love with you, too." I looked up at his smiling face.

I had the urge to kiss him again. I was more than happy that I wasn't the only one with these feelings. I looked at my worker with an idea.
"I'm not supposed to fall in love with humans... but what if he wasn't human?" I asked quickly. "What if I transferred some of my power over?" I asked him, he shrugged.
"You could try it, but you need his consent."

I looked at Dan. "I know I'm asking for a lot.. but what if I could make you a part god.. would you say yes?" I asked. "You would never have to worry about doing stupid human things again. And you wouldn't have to worry about love," I explained.
"You can do that?" He asked, I nodded.
"I just need you to say yes, I can always take it away..." I trailed off, he thought for a moment.

"Alright, sure, why not become a fucking god?" He laughed, I smiled. And that was that. I used my energy and gave Dan half of my power. We were bounded forever.

It took some getting used to, but he was eventually a really good Cupid with me. I showed him the ropes and he found love was a lot more exciting than it seemed. And it definitely didn't suck.

---------------------

Thank you Axellnicorn for the idea of this chapter!