Chapter 86

A lot of strange looks were sent in my direction as I walk into the city. A sigh escapes my lips as I slowly take another step, heading farther into the city. It wasn't long before I make it to a restaurant as my stomach growls.

A female stands at the hostess stand, chewing a piece of gum. "How many?" She asks, smacking her gum. The hostess stares at me with wide eyes as a look of fear crosses her face.

"One." I furrow my eyebrows. She nods, leading me to a two person table. The hostess fakes a smile, setting down my menu right away. She nervously glances at me for a moment before sighing heavily. "Your waiter will be with you in a sec," she says.

"Thank you," I say sweetly, watching her walk away. She didn't even look back. A frown makes its way to my face as I know that everyone has heard what happened. In a way, they were all blaming me for the events that transpired yesterday.

Acnologia wanted me to stop holding back. That's my true power, and I don't see what's so scary about it. "Hello, I'll be your waiter," a calm voice says as I glance in that direction. A male stands there, having a casual smile on his face.

"May I please have a strawberry banana smoothie?" I ask as he nods. He rushes away as I narrow my eyes at my menu, thinking about what to get. All of these choices sound so amazing, and I just couldn't decide. "Here's your strawberry banana smoothie," the waiter says, handing me my drink.

I furrow my eyebrows, not daring to take my gaze off of him. "Can you answer a question for me?" I ask, seeing him nod. "Why are people treating me weirdly?" I stare at the ground, hoping the answer didn't have something to do with Acnologia.

"A lot of mages were terrified by your power," he says as he stares at me. I narrow my eyes at him, pursing my lips as I nod. "Is that everything...?" I ask nervously as he shakes his head no.

"No..." He murmurs sadly. "Acnologia has been spreading rumors about you. He tells people that you can't control your powers and how you hate his very existence." I sigh heavily as he studies me for a moment.

I stare at the ground. "Do you believe him?"

The waiter bursts into laughter, seeming amused by my question. "Not at all," he says with a grin. "If you couldn't control your powers, then how would you be able to beat Acnologia twice?" My eyes widen in surprise as he chuckles to himself.

Barely anyone knew that I fought Acnologia before. "Who are you?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows in concentration. He heaves a sigh, a serious look making its way to his face.

"I'm just an earth mage that saw your battle with Acnologia," the waiter says casually, staring at me. "You have tremendous power and shouldn't let it go to waste. Don't let those haters get you down." A smile appears on my face as I stare at him for a moment.

My cheeks flush for a moment as a sigh escapes my lips. "I'm ready to order," I say as he nods. "May I please have the chocolate chip pancakes with the sausage on the side?"

The waiter nods, writing it down. He walks away as I stare at my fork. Why is he being so friendly to me? I ask myself. It felt like no time passed when he brought me my food. I casually eat my meal, feeling a sudden sense of satisfaction form deep within me.

Suddenly, a message went through my head as a gasp escapes my lips. The wizard saints are having a meeting, and I must go right away. I pay the bill, hurrying outside as quickly as possible.