Chapter 55

With the destination coming into view, my master takes my hand. Butterflies flutter in my stomach as my cheeks flush. He turns to face me as I stare into his dark orbs. "M-Master...?" I ask as my cheeks burn bright red.

"Lucy, my dear apprentice, will you do the honors of becoming my girlfriend?" He asks as a blush creeps its way onto his face. I lean closer to him as a smirk appears on my face. "Does this answer your question, master?" I ask, planting a kiss on his lips.

Master smirks as he pulls me closer to him. I smile as he puts his hand in my hair, holding me extra close to him. He slowly breaks away, our faces being inches apart. "Oh, the things you do to me," he says, his warm breath on my neck. "Now, let's tell the others about us."

Excitement bubbles within me as he takes my hand, leading me into the palace. My master holds me close to him, not daring to let me go. "Emperor Zeref, you called for a meeting?" August says steadily, walking into the throne room as the others follow right behind him.

Irene furrows her eyebrows in concentration, having a smirk on her lips. Brandish stares at us in amusement. Dimaria narrows her eyes at us, being deep in thought. "We called you here to inform you of the good news," I say cheerfully.

"You two finally became official," Irene says. I exchange a look with my master, seeing a surprised look on his face. "It's about time," Brandish says with a smile.

"This isn't professional," Invel says, adjusting his glasses. Wall shot him a cold look, having a stern look on his face. God Serena glares at Invel, having a look of annoyance of his face. "Just because you don't have a love life doesn't mean you can decide something like that," God Serena says with a smirk.

Neinhart sighs nervously, glancing at the scene in front of him. He remains quiet, not daring to say a single word. I don't blame him for being so quiet. Being in a room with powerful mages, one wrong word could alter everything.

Jacob shoots August a hopeful look, expecting the elderly man to silence the room. Instead of speaking up, August casually stood there with no care in the world. "Guys, stop being so disrespectful to emperor Zeref and mistress Lucy," Larcade says in an angelic tone.

Invel sighs, immediately shutting himself up. I glance at Larcade, giving him a thankful nod. My gaze shifts in Dimaria's direction as she narrows her eyes at God Serena, her cheeks being redder than Irene's hair. "Lucy and I are going somewhere. We'll be back soon," my master says happily.

I grin, being thankful to be with my master. Brandish smiles, shooting me a wink. Wherever we were going, I was happy that I was with him.