Chapter 12

I sat in my room, wondering if it was a good idea to compete in the S-class trials. If so, my true power might be revealed. This wouldn't be the best.

I would hate for it to be revealed like this. Our plan would be compromised, and it would be my fault. Zeref could be in danger and not have time to attack Magnolia. Zeref answers on the lacrima as I stare at him.

"My apprentice, what's wrong?" He asks as I stare at him, feeling dismayed. I hope he does want me in the S-class trials. "The master of fairy tail put me in the S-class trails," I say nervously.

"Alright, I will be there." He stares at me as my eyes widen in shock. I couldn't believe he just said that. If anything, that was the most surprising thing I have ever heard in a long time.

"Alright, Master," I say as he nods. I was too nervous to ask him if it was angry or not. "Lucy," he says, narrowing his eyes at me.

"Y-y-yes..?" I say, seeing him roll his eyes. I meet his gaze. He glances all around. "Lucy, don't worry if I'm mad or not," he says softly as my cheeks flush in embarrassment.

My eyes widen in shock. "H-how did you know that?" I ask, seeing him arch a brow. I groan angrily, hearing him chuckle.

"You seem tense," he says. "As long as you do the final mission, I will be happy." I nod, seeing him smile at me for a moment. He sighs, disappearing from the lacrima.

A knock came from my door as I gasp, knowing that I must train. I open the door as Erza stands there. "Lucy, are you ready for the S-class trials in a few months?" She asks.

I nod. "I just have to train," I say, seeing her nod. "After that, I could take on you." She arches a brow as I gasp, knowing that was a mistake.

"We will see." She grins. "I cannot wait to see you fight." I nod, seeing her stare at me for a moment. Maybe, I will "find" a book of star magic and use it in the battle.

"Well, I'm going to the library," I say as she nods. "I need to learn a new magic." She nods before walking away. As I make it to the library, I find the perfect book before checking out.

At this rate, I hope to win the S-class trials and beat all of these fairy scums.