Chapter 16

I follow my master through the forest, hoping that we could escape soon. If we get off this island, then everything will be fine. My master stops suddenly, narrowing his eyes at me as a nervous expression appears on his face.

He opens his mouth to speak when I yelp, falling to the ground. My head starts spinning as everything starts to get blurry. My body felt incredibly weak, and I didn't understand what was happening.

"What's....happening?" I ask weakly, glancing at my master. He picks me up, having a nervous expression on his face. He stares into my eyes as I stare into his black orbs. "The Tenroe tree fell to the ground," he notes.

I frown. "T-Take off my magic limiter..." I say as his eyes widen in surprise. He shakes his head as I frown, knowing I felt extremely weak. "Lucy, I-I can't.." He says sorrowfully.

I sigh, snuggling against his chest. I let my eyes close, knowing I couldn't go to sleep right away. Maybe, I could think of another solution to this problem. This didn't make sense. Why was I so weak?

"Lucy, you don't know how much I care for you.." My master says. "At first, you were just a sad little girl, but when you grew up, I saw your inner strength..." I open my eyes slightly, seeing him stare at me.

"Z-Zeref..." I choke out as his eyes widen in surprise. He kisses my forehead, staring into my eyes. Zeref smiles, staring at me for a moment. "Lucy, when you feel better, I have to get going," he utters.

I study him. "Why..?"

"The spriggan are still training," he explains as I nod lightly. "Lucy, you will reveal your true identity when the time is right." I fall fast asleep on him, inhaling his scent.

When my eyes open, I am alone. I frown, knowing he had to get back to the spriggan. This time, I really was missing him. All of a sudden, a giant foot came in my direction. I let out a scream, dodging the foot.

A fat figure stood there, a dark look on his face. "I'm Kain, one of the seven kins of purgatory." I sigh heavily, feeling upset about Zeref leaving me alone.

I roll my eyes. "Bring it on!" I say as a smirk appears on his face. Now, the battle would begin. A member of the spriggan vs a member of the seven kins of purgatory. Who would win?