Chapter 40

The smoke clears up as I stare at the battlefield from the lacrima. Sting and Rogue shakily eye Natsu, trying to remain standing. "Natsu... Dragneel... your power knows no bound," Rogue states before falling to the ground.

"I'm sorry, Lector," Sting says, landing head first. I stare at the scene in shock. Who could have imagined this? Natsu beating two other dragon slayers that claimed on having killed dragons. Shocker.

Along with the other members of fairy tail, I start to cheer. He isn't quite there yet, and I know that. My master can come and take over the world without having to worry about Natsu trying to stop him.

The rest of the grand magic games went by in a flash. In the end, we won. It was an exciting time, and I would definitely do something that had to do with the grand magic games once we took over the world.

Once we return to Magnolia, people cheer for us on the streets. "Go Lucy!" Some people yell as I smile, being thankful for those people. In a strong way, I was disappointed to be back.

My master and the other spriggan were there. I loved being there with them. Now, I miss them even more than I thought I would. If anything, I would have to just get used to my normal lifestyle once more.

A few weeks have passed since the grand magic games. We went on jobs, did important missions, and had fun at the guild. Still, no one knew I was a spy for Zeref, the leader of the spriggan, and Zeref's apprentice.

The doors of the guild slam open as I jump in surprise, seeing Jet and Droy. "Guys, we have some bad news!" Droy yells as I arch a brow, wondering what they could mean by this.

"Guys, what's wrong?" Erza asks calmly, adverting her eyes in their direction. Droy gasps for air, being out of breath. I stare at them in amusement, wondering what they're so worried about. "The magic council was destroyed," Jet says.

My eyebrows raised. "Who did it?" I ask as they stare at me. I bite my lip, wondering if this is a sign. If it is a sign, then this could mean that my master wants me to return to the spriggan and take Fairy Heart.

"Witnesses say that a demon did," Droy states as I stare at the ground, thinking of which demons could have done it. "What did this demon look like?" I ask.

"He's a blonde with ears," Jet explains as I furrow my eyebrows, soon realizing who they were. They weren't just random demons trying to kill people. No, they had a larger purpose. They were my master's demons, and they wanted to get rid of magic.