Burning The Candle

Start from the beginning

"So he's from Vacuo, I wonder why he moved?" Kali pondered aloud. 

"I don't know take your pick family, Grimm, really it could be anything" Qrow said while shrugging. 

Yang: (mirroring Ruby's and Weiss' looks of being told something extremely obvious) Yeah, we noticed.

Sun: (rubbing the back of his head, preparing to ask:) Soooo... what does Blake think of all this? She still being all, y'know... Blake-y?

A few people snickered at this. 

Weiss: Obviously. (turns and crosses her arms in disapproval)

Ruby: I still can't think of a way to change her mind.

Yang: Guys. (everyone looks at her as she starts walking out) Trust me; Blake will be at the dance tomorrow.

"She is definitely planning something" Willow pointed out and everyone nodded. 

The Faunus herself is sitting at one of the library tables with a holographic screen in front of her. She is obviously more sleep-deprived than ever, barely focusing on what she's seeing... 

Ghira and Kali frowned worriedly. 

until a small, bright red light appears on the screen. Moving up and down, Blake's eyes follow it down to her hand, then disappears entirely. 

Everyone burst out laughing. 

"A laser pointer? Brilliant!" Tai shouted through his laughter. 

She looks behind herself, obviously irritated, but no one walking among the tables is her culprit.

Turning back to the computer, she starts typing on the beeping keyboard before the laser dot appears on her hand briefly, prompting her to look around again and still find no one. The red point shows up on the screen, moving around in circles until Blake scowls and pounds her fists on the table. She stands up from her chair and finds the light on the floor, following it blindly through shelves of books until both the dot and its pursuer turn the corner, only for Blake to bump, shocked and shaken out of her more "animal" instincts, into...

"Have you ever followed a laser pointer Kali?" Summer asked amused while said women blushed brightly and refused to answer which only made the others laugh some more. 

Yang: (waving with her left hand as her right holds the laser pointer, in a sing-song voice:) He-lloooo!

Blake: What are you...?

Yang: (grabs Blake's arm) We need to talk.

And with that, amid Blake's single cry of surprise, Yang whisks her partner out of the scene.

"She just kidnapped her" Qrow said in amusement. 

Emerging from the steaming bathroom in nothing but a pink towel wrapped around his lower body, Ren sighs in contentedness and starts walking away, only to be stopped by Jaune suddenly appearing in front of him.

Jaune: We need to talk!

And with that, amid Ren's single cry of surprise, Jaune pulls his teammate away, leaving his bottle of "Samurai Shampoo" to spin in the air before dropping to the ground.

"What is with blondes and kidnapping the loner of the group?" Qrow asked baffled while everyone else shrugged.

Jaune: (sitting on his bed in the dorm room, talking to Ren off-screen) Ren... I'm just gonna say it. You are one of my best friends. These past few months, I feel like we've really bonded, even though you don't say much. I mean, you're really quiet. To be perfectly honest, I don't know that much about you, personally, but darnit, I consider you to be the brother I never had!