There In The Disappearing Light

I sat on the steps as I watched Hope throw Klaus around like a rag doll

I sat on the steps as I watched Hope throw Klaus around like a rag doll. She stopped to breathe harshly, "Do it again. Harder this time. All of that pain, that simmering darkness. You need to purge it before it eats you alive." Klaus called out. "Dad " Hope said but Klaus just yells. "Give me your anger, Hope!" Hope screamed as she sent him flying again. " It's not working." She called out.

"You're holding back." Klaus said and I sighed. "You really think I want to feel this way? No matter how hard I try to get it out, I don't feel any better. You're not the one I want to hurt." Hope said and Klaus turned to her, "Give me a name."

While Klaus went to retreive Roman, Hope came over and sat with me. "What if this doesn't work Salem?" she asked and I sighed wrapping an arm around her. "If it doesn't. We can't give up." I told her and she nodded.

-

Klaus, Hope, and I stood in the tombs as Roman was chained up. "Have you decided how you're going to kill him?" Klaus asked and Hope called out "Slowly." I laughed as he turned to me, before turning to Hope. "Hope? Hope! Hey." Roman called out but Hope said nothing. "I want to do this alone." is all she said and Roman turned to look at us confused.

"What?" he asked, "This is supposed to help me feel better, right?" Hope asked and Klaus and I shared a look. "What's wrong with her?" Roman asked and I stepped up. "She has an affliction, for which your pain is a momentary comfort." I told him and he was even more confused. "My pain?" he asked and hope just says, "Mm-hmm. But I don't want an audience."

"Hope." I spoke, "If you want to help me, go." she said and I bit my lip. "Well, I was rather hoping to be part of the show." Klaus called out before continueing, "Well, consider starting small, then. Fingernails, or-or perhaps the tongue. Build the suspense." He came over and wrapped an arm around my shoulders leading me out. "Hey hey, wait. You're not actually gonna leave me with her, are you? Hey!" Roman yelled but we ignored him.

I walked through the tombs with Ashton as I held a white rose. "Salem?" he asked but I ignored him until I reached Cami's faceplate. Declan stood there staring. "Oh. Hey Declan." I spoke awkwardly. He turned to me and I reached up placing the rose in the metal vase. We turned to walk away when Declan called out "I know you're a witch" I froze as I looked at Ashton before turning to look at Declan. "Did you just call me a witch?" I asked taken back. "You're watching to many halloween movies Declan" I told him and he looked taken back this time.

Ashton just then leads me out of the cemetery and I sighed running a hand through my hair. "That was a close one" I spoke and he chuckled, "Yeah it was."

Getting back home I sat in one of the chairs as I read a magazine. Hope walked in fristrated and I didn't even look at Klaus as I call out, "Guess it didn't work?" I asked and Klaus sighed. I raised my head to look at his concerned face. "She's getting these black veins up and down her arms." I gulped and stood up. "She can't be.." he trailed off and I sighed. "She won't" I told him. She won't be dying. I won't let her.

I sat next to Hope as I looked at the black veins as they appears up and down her forearm. "What's happening to me?" Hope asked. I sucked my lips in before biting my lip. "I don't know." I told her. "It's bad, right?" Hope asked and I nodded. "You need to rid yourself of this darkness." Klaus called out. "I can't. I can't kill him. I won't." Hope argued back. "Hope." Klaus said, "Dad." Hope stared at him.

"He's no more guilty or responsible than me." Hope told him and I smiled, "All that power, still merciful. You clearly didn't get that from my side of the family." I chuckled under my breathe, and Hope asked "This is only gonna get worse, isn't it?" I opened my mouth to speek when Klaus called out "Stay here."

"Love." I said and she looked at me. "I know that look Salem." she told me but I sighed grabbing her hands. "We don't know what these mean. You could be dying. They could literally be killing you from the inside out." Hope and I locked eyes. "We can figure this out." she said and I nodded. "I know we will."

--

Klaus, Elijah, Hope and I all walked to St. Annes. Greta's minions are supposedly having a secret meeting to end the Mikealsons. Id like to see them try. Hope, Klaus, and I walked in slamming the door open. "You betrayed us." Emmett called out, "We told you what my mother thought. And we never said we agreed." Antonette called out. "You can leave them to us now." I called out. "I'm going to enjoy this." Marcel said vamp speeding in.  "Go on, sweetheart, let it all out." Klaus said and Hope held her hands out as she screamed.

The blue Hollow filled power went waves through the room instantly killing everyone except us. "Are they all dead?" Hope asked, "Immortality isn't for everyone. You should consider what you did an act of public service." Klaus said and I was just focused on Hope. "Hey, kiddo, you okay?" Marcel asked, "I I'm, um, numb." I turned to Marcel and said, "Marcel, why don't you and Josh gather up some vampires, get them to clean up this mess before anyone gets wise."

Marcel had a broken look on his face and I scrunched my face up in confusion, "What is it?" I asked and he turned to me, "I'll tell you tomorrow, okay?" I nodded, as I said "Yeah." Hope turned back to us and asked, "Are they gonna come back? The lines and and-and the whispers?" I gulped and said "I don't know, love."

Hearing a loud noise Klaus went to investigate, and  Hope followed Klaus further in to the church as I stood by the door. Next thing I knew Hope came out and took my hand leading me to the upstairs. We walked through the door and she let go of my hand and walked over sitting with her back against the rail.

"Hope?" I called out rushing up after her. "Hey, what happened?" I asked noticing that she was crying. I sat net to her and she took my hand in hers lacing our fingers together. "What happened?" I asked again but she closed her eyes tightly as more tears fell. "The thing about an apology is it doesn't really mean much when your life's on the line." Roman said and we turned to see him in the door way.

"You're better." he said and walked over sitting on Hope's other side. "I think I may have killed someone that I love." Hope's voice trembled. "Hey Guess we're not so different - after all. Hey. Hey, whatever it is you did, you can never be anything like me. Okay? You're good, Hope.You are. And you don't deserve any of this. I just I just wish I could fix it." Roman told her and she squeezed my hand tightly.

"If he dies, I won't just lose him, I'll end up triggering my curse." Hope told us, "Hey Guess it was really inevitable. It's gonna be okay. Okay? It's gonna be okay. I promise." Roman told her and she laid her head on his shoulder. "Y-You should go." Hope told him and he nodded "Yeah.Yeah." I bit my lip, and when he finally left we went downstairs to wait on Klaus. I heard a break and Hope whimpered in pain. I turned back to her and her eyes were yellow. She triggered her curse.