SebJenkins Presents: A Head Full of Horror

I would like to start my post off with a massive thank you to KellyAnneBlount for inviting me to me very first #WattpadBlockParty. Kelly dedicates a huge amount of time to these amazing networking events, as well as serving as an inspiration for young Wattpad writers out there.

My name is Seb Jenkins (SebJenkins), and the few of you who know me will probably associate me with horror fiction. My most notable writing is the Life After Death series, which is now on its third and final book. I wanted to use my post to tell you guys about upcoming work, but I also want to give you some cool sneak peaks, and my top tips for writing all things horror. In the spirit of the block party, I want to concentrate on interactivity. I urge you all to comment and message me with any ideas or questions, or even if you just want a chat!

ALSO KEEP READING DOWN TO THE BOTTOM FOR SOME COOL, EXCLUSIVE COMPETITIONS!

All graphics in this post were designed by the wonderful Abyss-of-Crazy.

I started planning Life After Death in my final couple of years at school in England

I started planning Life After Death in my final couple of years at school in England. It started off as a few thoughts in my head about ideas I would like to see incorporated into my favourite shows, and eventually blossomed into an entire written book plan by the time I'd finished school. In my first year of university I decided to give it a go, it seemed a waste having a book plan without a book to show for it after all, and three years later, I'm just about bringing the series to a close. Thanks so much to anyone who has read the books and supported me through the beginning of my writing career. In all honesty, if it hadn't been for all the wonderful comments and words of encouragement, I probably would have called it quits after book one.

Synopsis: Max is in his late thirties, stuck in a dead-end job, no wife, no girlfriend and no friends. In the midst of depression, and contemplating ending it all, he is plunged into an apocalyptic world of the undead, but it is in this hopeless world that he may finally find a meaning to life, after he meets loud-mouth teenager Lizzie.

I wanted to take the key themes of a zombie novel, the death, destruction, gore and of course, zombies, but also inject what I think a lot of stories miss. I wanted to deal with depression, loneliness, family, love, loss, everything that makes us human, juxtaposed against everything that makes the zombies not.

As a thank you, I would like to share with you guys a sneak peak of the new project I am currently working on with the amazingly talented ShaunAllan.