Sonysa Presents: Tips to Catch the Attention of Readers

Hello lovelies,

First of all, I'm so grateful to KellyAnneBlount for inviting me to be a part of Wattpad Block Party. You all know she is a wonderful writer but I think she is a wonderful human too. Kelly has done a great job by creating this place where writers get more recognition and she deserves praises for this.

Let me introduce you myself, I am S.G. Sonysa (sonysa) author of "Broken Hearts". It was my first ever book published on Wattpad. I never thought it would get so much recognition and readers would relate to the story.

 I never thought it would get so much recognition and readers would relate to the story

Broken Hearts is not a cliché story. It has lots of drama, twists and turns, and the raw emotions of characters. There's obviously romance and love, and a few heart wrenching scenes here and there. I called it a rollercoaster ride for readers.

I published the book four years ago here and later, it caught the attention of readers then it secured the 2nd rank in Romance. I noticed how rapidly reads are increasing like I posted a thank you note for 19.M reads and 711k votes and a month later it was 21M reads and 784K votes. Now it has 21.8 M reads and 809K votes (I know it's crazy). Fast-forward, the followers, reads, and votes increased with each day. Recently the book got published and it's available on Amazon.

One stormy night, I realized that I must be doing something right to receive all the support and love from lovely readers here. So today, I'm going to share my experience and give you some tips on how to catch the attention of readers.

Before I start giving you the tips, I need to ask you a few questions.

1. Do you want to write but you don't know what to write?

2. Do you have a written book or chapters in your draft that you want to publish but you are too scared to do that?

3. Do you have an idea nagging in the back of your head but you don't know where to start?

If any of these questions are running in your mind then trust me you are at the right place.

Let's start!

The 1st question that comes to your mind is: What to write?

1. Pick a topic. (Anything you like)

2. Think about the plot and climax. (These are the important things)

3. Write the summary of the whole story that you want to develop into a book.

4. Pick the characters. (Think about their personality and write it down)

Then start by writing something that you would like to read. Don't try to make it too perfect and look for grammar mistakes because that will distract you. You will start self-doubting yourself and eventually, you would give up on writing and finishing the chapter. So the first tip, don't try to find your own flaws and errors before creating anything.