toohottobetrue2 Presents: From WRITER to SCRIPT WRITER + Summer

Start from the beginning

Q. How would you compare writing to script-writing?

A. Writing is like water, it flows out of you like a creative stream. You know when and how, but the action and dialogues of the characters are conjured in the process. There's no hard and fast rule.

Script-writing is like directing a movie. I have to envision it first before I can write. From the angle of view, to what the readers can see and observe, and how to switch scenes without breaking the momentum. The words are concise and serve a singular purpose. That means no hefty monologues and description of wild fields and the color of the skies for the readers. You get what you see!

Q. What are your thoughts on the final outcome?

A. I was lucky enough to have an awesome artist (blauerozen) in collaboration with us and she definitely made the excitement triplefold. The script would be sent to her and I'll receive her sketches from time to time. Watching the words turn into images was magical. She would pick on the smallest nuances I would write and fit 3-4 expressions on one character's face! It would literally be"the character looks petrified, stubborn and determined" and that's exactly how the image would be. Awesome, right?

Q. What is The Demon Babysitter about?

A. Think paranormal, humor, and romance all spiraled into one! Yuki accidentally summons a demon in her kitchen. When she is offered three wishes to change her life, she asks the demon to babysit her three year old son! Cue cooking lessons, bathroom training, endless drama, and a budding romance between the single mother and the demon. And in comic form? The results are beautiful <3

 And in comic form? The results are beautiful <3

Q. Everything sounds so interesting! Can I read the comic book?

A. Yes, you can! It is available on Tapas app and website. The first five episodes are absolutely free and you can read each subsequent episode for few cents! Links are available on my profile if you want to read it asap ;)

 The first five episodes are absolutely free and you can read each subsequent episode for few cents! Links are available on my profile if you want to read it asap ;)

SUMMER READING LIST

It has been a while since I read. Now that sounds weird for someone who writes. But that's exactly how my previous year went. It was my first year as a postgraduate student in a different city and only me to do all the work! Between working on the scripts, studying, and chores, reading was a habit of the past. But with the summer break (and a full time internship), I managed to read! Hurray!

Here's my reading list:

1. 1Q84 (trilogy) by Haruki Murakami

2. Gone With The Wind by Margaret Mitchell (re-read)

3. Sputnik Sweetheart by Haruki Murakami (re-read)

4. The Princess Bride by William Goldman

5. Poison Study (series) by Maria V. Snyder

6. Animal Farm by George Orwell

Any of your favorites in my reading list? My favorites are definitely the ones I re-read and Murakami's books has been insightful and interesting reads so far! I'm sharing this reading list so that everyone can pick up a book this month and finish...

Any of your favorites in my reading list? My favorites are definitely the ones I re-read and Murakami's books has been insightful and interesting reads so far! I'm sharing this reading list so that everyone can pick up a book this month and finish it no matter what. It takes time and dedication to feed food to our mind ;) And I'm pretty proud of our Wattpad community who give in so much time to read and share each spare minute they have! Let's keep this spirit alive and read more books this year!

Also, thank you for reading my post! A huge thank you to Kelly for hosting this season after season with so much passion and interest. The success of the party is all due to her :D

Don't forget to enter my giveaway! I'll be giving away postcards and bookmarks of The Demon Babysitter comic book and any of your favorite works of mine on Wattpad. The giveaway is open internationally, so do take part! Can't wait to send all the goodies to winners. Stay tuned in for most awesome posts from the community. Have a great day!

Aanchal xx

***

ENTER THE WATTPAD BLOCK PARTY GIVEAWAYS BY CLICKING HERE: Shortened Link to Blog: https://goo.gl/2c6YUP

OR HERE:

Regular Link to Blog: http://kellyanneblountauthor.blogspot.com/2018/07/wattpad-block-party-giveaways-summer.html