Chapter seventeen: part six | May

May 2007
Bayhollow, Ontario

A party filled the tiny apartment we were renting. People were scattered throughout the rooms, hot boxing the bathroom and drinking as much as they could in every other room. The ruckus continued until Patrick made it clear to everyone that he needed sleep and anyone who woke him up would pay dearly. The groups dispersed mostly taking off into the night and leaving myself and a guy I went to high school with Jacob.

We put on a movie and our buzzes started to fade. "I've never drank like that before." I admitted to Jacob.

"That's nothing you should see the parties we had in Oliver, it was ten times more intense than tonight was." He rustled for a moment in his backpack and pulled out a bag of plain chips.

"I only lived in Oliver for a few months. I loved it there, I'm not a city girl but I didn't mind it at all." I lazed back in the chair and grabbed a few chips from the bag he placed on the coffee table.

"I was up there couch surfing for a few months after I dropped out of BHCH. We were pretty good friends when I was there, weren't we?"

I put my feet up on the arm of the chair and stared at the television for a few seconds. "Yeah, I guess we were." I couldn't recall hanging out with him outside of the smoking section but I wasn't in the mood to talk it through.

"Did you ever wonder what it would be like to fuck me? I've wondered that about you."

I blushed and covered my face so he wouldn't see. "That is so forward Jacob."

He smiled as I looked back at him. "I was just wondering, I guess I was wrong."

"You're definitely not wrong. I hadn't thought about it before but I sure am now." I was always looking to please others, even if it meant lying straight to their face.

"Come here." He motioned with his finger for me to come closer. "I'll be gentle I promise."